Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide If I want to black out my bumper lights or put in clear bumper lights. Leaning towards blacking them out because I can't seem to figure out how to remove them. Do I have to drop the entire bumper???

Thanks!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,526 Posts
Trying to decide If I want to black out my bumper lights or put in clear bumper lights. Leaning towards blacking them out because I can't seem to figure out how to remove them. Do I have to drop the entire bumper???

Thanks!
No, you do not take anything apart!

Its in the owners manual.
Carefully slide lamp towards front, and remove back end first from bumper.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, you do not take anything apart!

Its in the owners manual.
Carefully slide lamp towards front, and remove back end first from bumper.
Now really? Glad I didn't start it last night!

This is the first car I've ever owned that has anything useful to say in the owners manual (how to drop the top, how to remove lights)... Its also the first one I decided not to read because no manual has ever given me useful info... I guess I should read it.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
good bathroom reading material

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,526 Posts
Now really? Glad I didn't start it last night!

This is the first car I've ever owned that has anything useful to say in the owners manual (how to drop the top, how to remove lights)... Its also the first one I decided not to read because no manual has ever given me useful info... I guess I should read it.
Yup,
Your lucky the R170 owners manual are 260+ pages, and the R171 owners manuals are 470+ pages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.