Mercedes SLK World banner

How to access blend door/motor on 00’ r170

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  nkristoff 
#1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Hello back again with a problem I’ve had since I got this car back in may of 2022, last year I didn’t have A/C and I do not want to not have it again this summer in Texas! I’m trying to access the blend door/motor because while in motion I get hot air from outside coming into the cab from the vents constantly and it is brutal unless the windows are down. Any help is appreciated, I’ve had no luck doing my own research for quite some time now. Thanks in advanced to anyone who knows the answer to my question

See less See more
#2 ·
My search of all the 170 ac diys

This might be of use:

#4 ·
/\ /\ /\ Engine bay to cockpit with some pics!
Some more details as it is on the Left Steering vehicle\/ \/ \/

As a general rule heat coming into the cockpit could be related to them "duovalves" and nothing to do with flaps...but that would be a matter of few checks:
Fan control
Cold/warm control
Recirculation Vs fresh air

All of them are connected and do not need to have busted A/C in order to boil in your own juice...

#5 ·
Yes thanks for that I will look it over and I forgot to mention that I cleaned my duo valves multiple times, the most recent time I cleaned them the ac was blowing at an amazing temp of 59F (I had a thermometer in the vents). So I wanted to see if it would remain cold with the engine at higher rpm’s basically seeing if it will remain cold once I hit the road and almost immediately after I revved the motor it went right back to 120F. Any ideas would be considered and greatly appreciated!

#6 ·
Cleaning is good!
But do they close?
As it sounds to me (I am not near you, can't see what you see...) they do let too much of hot water when you start. Use the search engine for how to confirm if they operate well.
When you say stationary and hight rpms do you have a clue what was the coolant temperature?
As if the coolant was under the thermostat setting until you start - cold air. When you start and that coolant Temperature goes over thermostat so the hot coolant rushes into the cockpit.

#7 ·
I have no clue what the coolant temp was.
I’ve tried the method of taping the tops of them if they may be stuck and that doesn’t work.
I’ve also tried hearing if they click by having someone turn the A/C on while I listen and I didn’t hear a thing, I’ve also tried feeling the hoses but there are so many I’m not sure the exact hoses that I’m looking at.

I will take a look at the operation of the duo valves again? Double checking facts always helps. Thanks

#8 · (Edited)
A/C being on-off doesn't apply to duovalves they are separate systems.
A/C click is in front of the driver for you, where the A/C compressor, filter drier, liquid receiver are located. Operating hot-cold on the temperature scale for vents will do them duo valves off.
Take a read of the forum for duo valves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.