Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
8,321 Posts
I give up :( :( :(

• Haha
Reactions: M4rCu5

·
*Premium Member
2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
3,598 Posts
Highly improbable, 7000 rpms is at the very end of the redline ..

For clarity here's a Crossfire based fascia that I created earlier which has the same scaling as the R170...

Big Number on the rev counter is 7 and above it says RPM x1000 which = 7000 RPM (y)
Your SLK will have BIG Number 70 and above that it will say RPM x100 which unsurprisingly also = 7000 RPM (y)

(click)
Font Gauge Technology Circle Auto part

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@AfroNinja you're definitely adding a 0 to your idle rpm. An easy check is going to oreillys to rent a pressure gauge to monitor your fuel pressure and how it falls when you shut off the car. You might have a leaky injector.
Also check/listen for vacuum leaks. It's universal that they will cause issues with idle. After than, you might need to take it in for a diagnostic if you're not mechanically savvy or fortunate enough to have STAR

·
*Registered
2003 SLK320
21 Posts
@AfroNinja you're definitely adding a 0 to your idle rpm. An easy check is going to oreillys to rent a pressure gauge to monitor your fuel pressure and how it falls when you shut off the car. You might have a leaky injector.
Also check/listen for vacuum leaks. It's universal that they will cause issues with idle. After than, you might need to take it in for a diagnostic if you're not mechanically savvy or fortunate enough to have STAR
Yeah I just realized what I did, I guess that's what I get for posting on here at late last night 😅 I'll give that a try thank you

21 - 28 of 28 Posts