Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this car the other day, really hope its not a forum member! :td:

Had to snap a few iphone pics from the parking lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks like my old MR2....:(

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:td:OUCH. Caught in plain sight by the SLKWorld Forum police. I believe the love is gone. I say, take it away from the owner and place it in safe keeping with social services.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,926 Posts
That's what you get when you regularly pound down the beers you find in the passenger foot well. Nice copper designo as well it looks like...

·
Registered
130 Posts
:soap:

Ok, this is the sort of thing that grinds my gears :hijacked:

Why would someone invest so much money in a vehicle that is not intending for anything else but for the excitement of the road and for the pure enjoyment of the owner and then later treat it as such?

Better yet, why would someone invest so much money in ANY vehicle yet not take care of it?

Then they go around saying how they can't be bothered enough to maintain or even wash it like its a badge of honor because they are just too busy with their life.

That just makes you look like an idiot since you are willing to invest so much money on a machine but can't invest a few pennies to maintain it.
Ugh!!

I have maintained my car meticulously over the years so much so that every time a friend sees it he/she always assume its a 2010 or 2009 and are later shocked that its a 2006. The black is just as sharp as day one and anytime I get a ding on it I'm calling my paintless dent removal guys to repair it. I don't have to buy a new car to feel like I have something fresh; I've kept my vehicle fresh all these years.

Just the other day I was unable to make it to my garage to wash her because of a busy schedule but knowing that I visited the beach not too long ago and that sand is murder on chrome and metal, I opted for $13 hand car wash job just to make sure the sand was gone. $13 today saves me heartaches and hundreds of dollars in repairs later.

Take pride in your vehicles and don't throw away your money!

Whew, I'm okay now. :)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
4,989 Posts
BH,
Not to get in your bizness (I love the car, it's my favorite color too) but if you leave that plastic floatie on top of the paint it's gonna react eventually... don't ask me how I know....

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Ok, this is the sort of thing that grinds my gears :hijacked:

Why would someone invest so much money in a vehicle that is not intending for anything else but for the excitement of the road and for the pure enjoyment of the owner and then later treat it as such?

Better yet, why would someone invest so much money in ANY vehicle yet not take care of it?

Then they go around saying how they can't be bothered enough to maintain or even wash it like its a badge of honor because they are just too busy with their life.

That just makes you look like an idiot since you are willing to invest so much money on a machine but can't invest a few pennies to maintain it.
Ugh!!

I have maintained my car meticulously over the years so much so that every time a friend sees it he/she always assume its a 2010 or 2009 and are later shocked that its a 2006. The black is just as sharp as day one and anytime I get a ding on it I'm calling my paintless dent removal guys to repair it. I don't have to buy a new car to feel like I have something fresh; I've kept my vehicle fresh all these years.

Just the other day I was unable to make it to my garage to wash her because of a busy schedule but knowing that I visited the beach not too long ago and that sand is murder on chrome and metal, I opted for $13 hand car wash job just to make sure the sand was gone. $13 today saves me heartaches and hundreds of dollars in repairs later.

Take pride in your vehicles and don't throw away your money!

Whew, I'm okay now. :)
A lot of people don't think like you or me...

Some have too much money so the relative cost for them is smaller. For them, the SLK might be a disposable car... or maybe it's a hand-me down and it's a kid's car (which would also explain all the alcohol).

Some just don't take care of their belongings, even if it cost them a significant amount of money. They're not necessarily bad people, they just don't have a caring culture regarding belongings.

Some buy cars because of the badge.
Some buy cars because they like how they look and they don't care or know about anything else.
Some buy cars just because they drive and don't care how they look.
Some buy cars because they like the color. :biglaugh:

It's sad, but to each their own. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
If that SLK is their form of a "beater" then I'd hate to see what their idea of a "nice" car is.

I've seen 1990 Miatas cared for more by their owners than this! Makes me sick. *Barf*

·
Registered
197 Posts
I get annoyed seeing this crap to. My next door neighbor has a Jaguar and it looks pathetic. He hasn't washed it since I got here in December. The headlights have already glossed over or whatever that is.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I think that car should be the ROTM... :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Or maybe they're waiting for the insurance adjuster to show-up?

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I think Fender refer to that as Relic'd or 'Road-worn'.....

I bet the driver never worries about whether he's cleaned to wheels or picked up another shopping trolley dent.....

Not a good look IMO even on guitars... they do play nicely though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.