Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SLKWorld User # 10,000
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found some cheap twotones on craigslist from a fellow service member at the local military base.

His are heated which is a nice option which mine doesnt have. Has anyone been down the road on this yet?

Installed them today:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,387 Posts
someone has. don't remember if it was for a r170 or r171. have you 'searched' top right yet?

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
There's an aftermarket kit that a lot of guys use for a fraction of the price. From what I've reed they seem to work very well.

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
I have heard that all the wiring is there, You need to find the connectors under the seats & in the console, You also need to get the switches that fit in the console. :tu:
Ive seen the switches on eBay.

·
SLKWorld User # 10,000
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the seats have the heated pad option. There is a 4 pin connector underneath for them. Are you sure that they are prewired underneath from the factory for heated seats even if it was not ordered?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Those new seats look amazing in there!

Your original seats look better than mine, care to send them to a fellow (ex) service member? ;-)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
I can't speak for the 170, but for the 171 a lot of the seat bottom heaters fail, like mine, due to broken mesh heater wires. In other words get some assurance that they actually work when you make a purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.