Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how much can the chassis handle

Hi, how much torque is the limit for the slk55 chassis? how much can the body handle before it gives in or twist? what can be done to re inforce the chassis to be able to handle more torque? im not sure if im saying it correctly but bottom line how much hp/torque can the chassis of the slk55 handle before it tweaks or twist or causes problems. thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Kleemann and other tuners have ~600 RWHP SLK55s I believe.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow really 600 rwhp? i talked to people with renntech and kleemann that made around 430rwhp but no one that made 600rwhp yet. So how much torque is that? i believe its the torque that can twist the chasis. thank you

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all, this helps clear things up. I been working on a project, when it is half way done i will be posting up pictures. im still in the early stages still not sure if it will work or not. I will open up a new tread here with in the next few weeks as i get more in depth. The goal is to get my slk55 into low 11's possible high 10's. i know you all probably say its not possible but lets wait and see. If i manage to finish this project we will see the out comes at the dragstrip. it opens up i believe in April 2013. again thank you all for your replies.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quick question, Mo with 518 ft/lb did he need to change out the rear springs or put wider rear rim? oh just to make sure we on the same page, 540rwhp and 518 rear wheel torque?

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
rear wheel horse power.

There is no direct relationship between torque and HP. It (torque) is a characteristic of the engine, related to bore and stroke. Torque does cause the chassis to twist somewhat.

Your subsequent question has to do with squat as the car starts to accelerate. Wider tires will translate more energy to the track to a certain point - if they are too wide the lbs/in on the track becomes too little and you'll just spin them.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
If E55s can get into 10s with the same motor + a supercharger, I don't see why an SLK55 can't do it too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
getting closer. heres a short video clip while street tuning the car. everything is still pretty much in stock form. sorry I was not able to up load the short clip that was take from Iphone

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,915 Posts
The description on the youtube kinda gives it away that you're doing an engine swap to the supercharged version (unless that was already mentioned in the thread and I missed it :D). This should be pretty amazing, and not done before by a forum member to my knowledge. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes you are correct about the engine. as far as my knowledge, what im doing has never been done here in the states. I will keep you all posted. this is only the beginning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.