Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,033 Posts

·
Registered 2005 Kleemann SLK S8
11 Posts
Mine is a 2005 and only has 18000 miles on the clock. The engine is from a SL55, (not the original SLK engine) with the Kleemann supercharger. It only blows at 0.5 bar and on the dyno, with the headers, exhaust and cams, it gives a reliable 460whp, around 540hp at the crank.
Gerry at Eurocharged came over and did the map for it.
No 0-60 times, no 1/4 mile times. I have seen 180mph in Germany and it was still pulling.
If I can see how to reduce photo file sizes I will add a couple of photos!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mine is a 2005 and only has 18000 miles on the clock. The engine is from a SL55, (not the original SLK engine) with the Kleemann supercharger. It only blows at 0.5 bar and on the dyno, with the headers, exhaust and cams, it gives a reliable 460whp, around 540hp at the crank.
No 0-60 times, no 1/4 mile times. I have seen 180mph in Germany and it was still pulling.
Why are you only running 0.5bar with the SL55 engine? That engine can take a ton of boost. The 0.5bar is for the high compression non-forged SLK55 version.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
. . . . .
PM sent, offering to help resize and post pics... I, for one, would love to see these pics! :tu:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why are you only running 0.5bar with the SL55 engine? That engine can take a ton of boost. The 0.5bar is for the high compression non-forged SLK55 version.

460whp sounds reasonable for those mods at that boost level though
Upon further thought, 460whp is much too high for a low-compression SL55 engine at 0.5bar with listed upgrades (and not much could still be available that wasn't listed which doesn't have to do with raising boost - maybe some headwork & a throttle body upgrade).

The SL55 stock runs at 0.8bar and dynos at around 410whp. Using a reasonable conversion you can say that if 1.8bar = 410whp, then 1.5bar = 342whp. Add another 50bhp for the cams & exhaust upgrades (per Kleemann) which is maybe 40whp and you're still barely over 380whp. Changing the timing and leaning out the mixture a bit is not going to get you much ... almost definitely you would still be under 400whp.

I also have still never seen an SLK55 run with the m113k engine, due to electronics issues, although perhaps it's possible. With all the time & money that it would take to make it possible (many others have tried, sunk tons of money, and given up), then you would just run 0.5 bar on that engine???

It sounds like it's time to raise the flag: :bs:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
. . . . .
PM sent, offering to help resize and post pics... I, for one, would love to see these pics! :tu:
@pwoodford took me up on my offer to help post pics of his car, and sent me the following (taken while the map was being developed)...

:tu:

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@pwoodford took me up on my offer to help post pics of his car, and sent me the following (taken while the map was being developed)...

:tu:
I'm willing to be proven wrong, and I'm no expert on SL55s, but that engine bay doesn't look correct (pulleys specifically). I would actually like to believe that the SL55 engine would work in our cars, although I'd have preferred to find that out prior to my Kleemann install. The SLK55 & SL55 engines have a lot in common of course. Here's what a bunch of SL55 images look like, ignoring the custom intake on the one:

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Upon further thought, 460whp is much too high for a low-compression SL55 engine at 0.5bar with listed upgrades (and not much could still be available that wasn't listed which doesn't have to do with raising boost - maybe some headwork & a throttle body upgrade).

The SL55 stock runs at 0.8bar and dynos at around 410whp. Using a reasonable conversion you can say that if 1.8bar = 410whp, then 1.5bar = 342whp. Add another 50bhp for the cams & exhaust upgrades (per Kleemann) which is maybe 40whp and you're still barely over 380whp. Changing the timing and leaning out the mixture a bit is not going to get you much ... almost definitely you would still be under 400whp.

I also have still never seen an SLK55 run with the m113k engine, due to electronics issues, although perhaps it's possible. With all the time & money that it would take to make it possible (many others have tried, sunk tons of money, and given up), then you would just run 0.5 bar on that engine???

It sounds like it's time to raise the flag: :bs:
Its not bs at all yes i have spent over 20k in parts and labor for the past 5 years from trial and errors. but it is done now. i have videos to prove it. have made 472Whp and 551Wtq. if someone knows how to upload my video please do so.

·
Registered
137 Posts
the old and new pics of my car were also at Jerry Eurocharged. the new pics were taken inside his new dyno room.

·
95,033 Posts
Here's your video

·
95,033 Posts
Time to get rid of that short antenna and other things
:D

Since you have a 55, these might interest you
My mods - also check my albums in my profile
and my videos in the 'Driving Stories' section

Kleemann Supercharger:

http://www.slkworld.com/performance-mods-r171/390442-my-supercharger-adventure-begins.html

Kleemann ECU Tune and Headers:

http://www.slkworld.com/performance-mods-r171/174881-my-baby-had-operation-kleemann-ecu-tune-headers-downpipes-vids.html

Wavetrac Limited Slip Differential (LSD):

http://www.slkworld.com/performance-mods-r171/398273-my-lsd-limited-slip-differential-adventure-begins.html

Carbon Fiber Diffuser:

http://www.slkworld.com/performance-mods-r171/409529-my-carbon-fiber-diffuser-arrived-today.html

Carbon Fiber Air Brakes/Side Vents

http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/419794-carbon-fiber-air-brakes-side-vents.html

Driving stories section:

Driving Stories - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

My albums:

http://www.slkworld.com/members/jbanks15-albums.html

FREE GIFT! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). If looking for a car, get the options before you buy!

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

1 - 20 of 35 Posts