Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Founding Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many problems you have had on your slk, and include the number of trips to dealership for repairs.
I've made 10 trips so far for six problems on my slk 230 (2003) since ownership and still waiting for the tail light recall.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i had the same tailight problem i have never taken to dealership
one night on my way home i decided to see how fast i could go from stop sign to stop sign and the car died on me but it hasnt done it again since, and just recently my check engine light came on i am going to get this checked out

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Check engine light came on... fuel relays went bad? cost $500 to replace. Tail light bulb housing went bad. Kept replacing bulbs but it was the housing that holds the bulb.
Put in a new housing and bulb, no more problems.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Intercooler pump failure.....thats it in 5 years and that was 1 month ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
None !!!

OK,..My car is a 2004 SLK K w/ 3300 miles. The previous owner purchased it in SC and put it in a garage for the first two years. When I found this car, it had 1900 miles. I took it to the dealer for the first service and oil change, they could not believe the miles. So far, so good. Just wish I could drive it to work everyday!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very Helpful People

ALso, with the likes of Bazzle, Tungster and numerous others, if I do encounter a problem,...they are always there with accurate advise.

·
Founding Member
12 Posts
Auto-Dimming

Failure of auto-dimming of rearview mirror. Haven't had dealer replace it yet, but I still hope to have it covered under Starmark extended warranty before the warranty expires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Only problem: CD player not found.

Cleaned the CD player with a can of compressed air used for keyboards and now I ALWAYS turn off cd/radio BEFORE turnning car off with key.:cool:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
in 5 years of ownership and 96500 km... 2 problems

1- alternator failure after 6 month... replaced for free under warranty

2- motherboard of the electronics management (2 weeks before being sold) not under warranty, quite expensive

·
Registered
4 Posts
couple of major things unfortunately...couple of minor things

Roof switches
a drowned PSE during a HUGE rainstorm
light grey interior components showing wear
drivers auto dimming mirror is dark and I can't justify the $300. replacement cost
access door in front wheel well went missing
all out-of-pocket repairs, but I still love the car!

·
Registered
131 Posts
i still cannot find what is making my check engine light come on it only comes on every now and then

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC300 Founding member #7
2,181 Posts
myslk230 said:
i still cannot find what is making my check engine light come on it only comes on every now and then
I have read that the gas cap being closed impropertly can cause that. I think there was something mentioned about being sure to turn off the car when filling (which would be good idea in any case).

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,419 Posts
myslk230 said:
As mtiede mentioned, it might be from the gas cap. Check the rubber seal on the gas cap to make sure it is not worn or has cracks on it.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.