Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are your high mileage SLK numbers? I'm at 165,000 miles. I finally got out to put a good wax on her and snapped a couple pics on the way back to D.C. last night. That's part of my commute that's actually enjoyable.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,240 Posts
I like it just the way it is. Don't want your eye poked? Don't stand so close... :wink:
I see it as scratchers revenge.
If they pass that close they will scratch the paintwork.
An eye seems a fair exchange.

Eye pokers rock!

:rb

And reception etc is better too. >:D :hail:

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
52 Posts
I just bought a 2013 55 with 52k miles on it. It’s pretty solid mechanically and it had pretty clean service records. I dunno, so far, so good! I guess I’ll find out though!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
243,XXX miles.

Get a milage award if you have more than 155,000 mile on your Mercedes.
Excellent! I'm sure I'll see that soon. I don't believe in letting cars just sit and look pretty. I love to drive. I drive back and forth to D.C. 130 miles each way once a week. It adds up. I'm the same way with my 69 Camaro. I don't want it to become a trailer queen.

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
Excellent! I'm sure I'll see that soon. I don't believe in letting cars just sit and look pretty. I love to drive. I drive back and forth to D.C. 130 miles each way once a week. It adds up. I'm the same way with my 69 Camaro. I don't want it to become a trailer queen.
I bought my SLK with 73,000 miles & is a daily driver, so 60+ miles round trip to work adds up quick.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So what are your high mileage SLK numbers? I'm at 165,000 miles. I finally got out to put a good wax on her and snapped a couple pics on the way back to D.C. last night. That's part of my commute that's actually enjoyable.

Car looks really nice for 165,000 miles. Any major issues?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car looks really nice for 165,000 miles. Any major issues?
Thank you. No, no major issues other than cam magnets. I just had to replace the two exhaust ones about a month ago. The only other issue is that the navigation is failing. I replaced the laser in the trunk unit and it got very glitchy, so I think I was sent a bad laser. They're sending a new one. Of course, I just cursed myself I'm sure...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought my 2002 SLK 320 just last week and it was just over 118k I'm at 128,129 runs silky smooth and purrs like a kitten

1 - 20 of 39 Posts