Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any info on how many Gold R171's were made please. You don't seem to see many about (if any). I heard somewhere that 1171 were made but i don't know if that is true. I get a lot of attention in mine, quite a few people think it's more a female colour, maybe i should dress accordingly then!!!!

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,229 Posts

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,510 Posts
You might could come ballpark number by using the percentage of gold luxury cars sold for the model and year. I think I googled most popular colors in 2004. It gave the percentage of each major color sold. Then found the production numbers for the year and model.
It is just a ballpark number, but should give you an idea.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
For the SLK, at least in the USA, Chablis was a Designo edition with the Chablis Metallic paint (Paint Code 043), Chablis Nappa leather upholstery, and Natural Poplar Wood trim. The color was not available outside the Designo package, and those were made in small numbers. Based on the numbers of various Designo models I've seen over the years (not just SLKs), your figure of less than 1200 built seems a reasonable estimate.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,555 Posts
Reactions: alastair68

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
Thanks very much for the info. Mine has the Chablis Nappa Leather and the wood trim you mention. Very interesting.
So yes, you have the Designo Chablis edition, and you most definitely have a rare SLK. One interesting thing about the Designo editions is that the option could be ordered on any model in the lineup, and not just the AMG cars. Around 1200 total cars for the various world markets still makes sense to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.