Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 SLK 230K was in an accident recently and received damage to the passenger side door and fender areas. I was initially just gonna sell the car as is but then I saw someone selling their 1999 model for parts, including the door and fender that I required, for real cheap. Is there any way of knowing whether or not these parts can be used for my car? I checked with the dealership but they didn't really give me conclusive information.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
879 Posts
My 2001 SLK 230K was in an accident recently and received damage to the passenger side door and fender areas. I was initially just gonna sell the car as is but then I saw someone selling their 1999 model for parts, including the door and fender that I required, for real cheap. Is there any way of knowing whether or not these parts can be used for my car? I checked with the dealership but they didn't really give me conclusive information.

Best guess is yes. If the door is cheap take the shot.
From Wikipedia:

Production for facelift models began after February 2000. Major changes include:

• Exterior design changes including: redesigned front and rear bumpers, a redesigned silver grille and taillights,[22] body-colour painted side-skirts and door handles,[23] integrated indicators in wing mirrors,[24] and stainless steel trim in the exhaust[25]
  • Interior design changes including: a restyled steering wheel and transmission shifter, and more supportive sports seats[26]
  • SLK230 Kompressor engine updated, SLK320 introduced, and SLK200 Kompressor replaces SLK200 and now introduced for worldwide market[27]
  • Electronic stability control upgraded[28]
  • The fuel tank volume was increased from 45 L (12 US gal) to 53 L (14 US gal)[29][30]

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,598 Posts
I'd agree with Alex and say probably re. the door.

The front wings (fenders) are definitely interchangeable. 100%. :tu:
I've got them on one of mine because that's all that was available at the time. All you have to do is either patch the blinker hole or even leave the blinkers in situ ..

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,224 Posts
MB parts catalog does not show but one fender and door for the R170.447 body no matter the year. Some updated part numbers are listed but not tied to a certain chassis nubmber so either part number you find used is useable.

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
2,011 Posts
Hi,

Agreed, AFAIK the only difference will be the small aperture in the early front wings for the Indicator Repeater, as previously mentioned.

HTH, Cheers Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate all the insight. I definitely have a bit more confidence in buying it after hearing the support. I'll hit the guy up this weekend and report back

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
879 Posts
Hi,

Agreed, AFAIK the only difference will be the small aperture in the early front wings for the Indicator Repeater, as previously mentioned.

HTH, Cheers Dave

My 2001 ex Japan does not have them. All it has is reflectors which I guess are ok here in Canada. The car was certified when I bought it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts