Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side door panel has come loose in the 2001 320. It was not completely loose but about maybe 3/4 of it from about the door pull on back was loose. Yesterday I tried some of that "liquid nails" stuff which was the only glue that had been mentioned in posts on this site that was available locally. I only put the glue on the top strip inside the panel as that was the only area that appeared to be made of metal and was flat. Checked it this morning after letting it sit over night and the top seems to be holding but every time I pull on the handle the bottom of that panel pops out some so that is putting torque on that top strip so it will likely eventually come loose again. What is the correct way to fix this so that it will hold? Should I try to get some glue of some sort in through the bottom of the panel? The top of the door pull seems to be anchored to the door but the bottom is just a molded part of the door panel with no anchor to the door so any yank on the handle seems to put a lot of stress on any glue holding the panel. Would that 3M 90 stuff which is a spray work better? Being a spray though how do you get it to the right places without making a huge mess?

·
Registered
274 Posts
as said don't try and glue it in situ it must be removed and the parts that are coming away re glued with 2k epoxy then refitted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.