Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you spot one everyone should leave a card or talk with them. I have had such great conversations with them. I use one liners like is that a 170 or 171 or 172? Sometimes I show them something on their car they didn't know like a different windscreen the lower fog lights or talk about SLKWORLD.Com. This usually peaks their interests. We should get a chat going here on "what do you say when you meet another SLK owner" Personally I can talk to anyone and shoot the bull real good. Let's hear your one liners now ok.

Reactions: Der Flieger

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
I agree with Don.....SLKWorld is the gift that keeps on giving. Can't imagine owning a SLK and not being on board.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,050 Posts
I chase down every slk i see and inform them of slkworld.com and give them one of Ken's slkworld/slkstore business cards (btw Ken, I need some more). Last Thursday night, going to hockey game, red slk pulls into parking lot. I am standing behind him as he puts the top up the old fashioned way (no smarttop). i introduce myself and invite him to slkworld and tell him that if he had the smarrtop mod, he could have been walking to the game already instead of siting there for 22 seconds while the top goes up.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,438 Posts
I have a handout for the NC/SC SLK Owners Group about the group asking them to join us. Over the past year we have picked up any SLK owners to the group. Give it to the person if around or carefully put in under the wiper.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
When you spot one everyone should leave a card or talk with them. I have had such great conversations with them. I use one liners like is that a 170 or 171 or 172? Sometimes I show them something on their car they didn't know like a different windscreen the lower fog lights or talk about SLKWORLD.Com. This usually peaks their interests. We should get a chat going here on "what do you say when you meet another SLK owner" Personally I can talk to anyone and shoot the bull real good. Let's hear your one liners now ok.
Sometimes if I see another SLK parked nearby, I might leave a note with SLKWorld's url and my screen name if I remember and have pen and paper. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to ask them out. :biglaugh: Another time as I was getting into my car, this SLK55 with matte black paint job (or vinyl) and painted red AMG wheels drove past me without saying anything... After he walked into Value City Furniture with his girlfriend, I drove up to his car and snapped a few pictures with my cell phone.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
... :biglaugh: Another time as I was getting into my car, this SLK55 with matte black paint job (or vinyl) and painted red AMG wheels drove past me without saying anything... After he walked into Value City Furniture with his girlfriend, I drove up to his car and snapped a few pictures with my cell phone.
:confused:Any chance you could post a few of those pics?

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I chase down every slk i see and inform them of slkworld.com and give them one of Ken's slkworld/slkstore business cards (btw Ken, I need some more). Last Thursday night, going to hockey game, red slk pulls into parking lot. I am standing behind him as he puts the top up the old fashioned way (no smarttop). i introduce myself and invite him to slkworld and tell him that if he had the smarrtop mod, he could have been walking to the game already instead of siting there for 22 seconds while the top goes up.
I chase them down too. Sometimes I get the feeling of beig a stalker.:tazz::tazz::rb:rb:burnout::burnout:
I hate it when they pull into their garage or say they are not interested. They just dont know what they are missing. :soap:

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one! My wife and kids think I've gone bonkers - much eye rolling etc when I wave or talk to someone on the spur of the moment. But I think the social aspect is important - sharing info, great drives etc.

Great ice breaker - compliment the car (most owners take good care of their SLK)! Then you can move on to - how long have you had it, how many miles, and up here, where did you get it?

I believe we had a thread a while back discussing doing up a generic business card, we could then share the template and you can add your name or screen name, email, cell number etc...whatever you're comfortable with.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
There seems to be a lot of SLK's (r171) lately, but they are always driving the opposite way, only once did I leave a card.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Being quite new to SLK ownership, I've not really come into contact with other SLK drivers - apart from a pre-arranged meet recently.

On another car forum I use, we have flyers, A5 size, which are a good size for sticking under a windscreen wiper to help promote the club.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Even though I'm on the lookout for other SLKs, those drivers are always seem oblivious to the presence of other SLKs... I like to check the model, AMG, facelift, mods, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Last fall I encountered a Lady in a 171 in Portland and I tried to get her attention … following her around a few turns … until I remembered that I was in my Jeep …

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.