Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this has been said before. did a quick search on "hair" or "top down" etc, no luck....

So i was giving a girl a ride last night and it was nice weather so we let the top down, but i had no clue how to make her hair flow like it did on that scene in the movie Spanglish.

To all those that have long hair and an SLK, how do you get long hair to flow in the wind?

I have the mesh screen between the seats that works as a wind blocker.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,196 Posts
remove windblocker?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remove windblocker?
not sure what you mean? i have the standard factory thing that comes with the car, it's a black see-through mesh that sorta connects the roll bars...

You're saying if i removed that then her hair would flow with the wind? I thought that thing was suppose to help.

·
97,196 Posts
if you remove the mesh windscreen, the wind should whip around the inside of the cabin make hair flow. no?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would think that the only way to get the hair to flow straight back would be if you removed both the windshield and the wind screen. Ah, movie magic. :)

·
97,196 Posts
or have her sit on some phone books so she is higher than then windshield

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Get a S2000, MB build the slk with minimum wind in the cabin. If she wants her hair to flow with the wind, tell her to stick her head out the side window.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
You'll have to take her out again and try different configurations.

My guess would be to drive with all the windows down and remove the rear draught-stop (be it mesh or Lexan), drive at slow steady speed (to reduce turbulence/buffeting), try different speeds, and make sure she uses high quality hair conditioner :D

Photos welcome.

·
97,196 Posts
and while doing the above, leave both doors open at a 45 degree angle. when you get to 88 miles per hour, the flux capacitor kicks in

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Jeff and Chuck...you two kill me..

In the SLK..and probably any other convertible...you're in a low pressure area behind the windscreen. The mesh/air blocker, stops the back draft. What you saw in the movies..is..movie magic. The suggestion of sticking her head out the side like a dog..is close (I would not use the metaphor if you're hoping for date 3).

Option 472 - get one of those inverters, plug it into the power point, plug in a hair blower (on low..) and go to it...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL, just as i figured, i do like to see a sense of humor on the thread though :)

(now i'm looking for hair dryers that have the a/c adapter for cars :p)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Both windows down, remove mesh, raise seat to highest position and tilt as far back as possible, slightly incline head towards open window, make sure air scarf isn't on.

Should work nicely :)

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
If I had a nice girl with long hair in my car. I would be wishing for a back seat. Never mind about making her hair stream out behind her :))

·
Registered
31 Posts
The answer is there is no answer. What you saw in the movie is precisely that - a movie. I am a female with long hair and all the hair ever does is whip around. However, a nice headscarf will control the top of the hair so only the longer sections move slightly in the breeze. Can be tres chic with the right scarf. Otherwise, it would be quite gentlemanly of you, if you have a habit of giving rides to ladies, to have some hair restraint items (scarves, elastics, foldable brush) in the center console. ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.