Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slowly trying to sort out minor niggles with my new Black Beauty and one of the things that doesn't work is the remote opening of the roof (it does have the 880 option code). Now, I realise that this has been covered at length, but, one thing that popped up in my trawl of the internet was a bulletin dating back to 2004 titled 'Vario Roof Cannot Be Opened / Closed Via Infrared Function (Code 880)' and what to do about it, so I thought I would start with that. One of the stages is to perform parameterization of the windows. I have a (copy) Star/DAS/Xentry with developer mode, so I tried to do this. Whilst I do have a basic knowledge of it, there was not an option to perform parameterization. Any ideas at how to do this please?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am slowly trying to sort out minor niggles with my new Black Beauty and one of the things that doesn't work is the remote opening of the roof (it does have the 880 option code). Now, I realise that this has been covered at length, but, one thing that popped up in my trawl of the internet was a bulletin dating back to 2004 titled 'Vario Roof Cannot Be Opened / Closed Via Infrared Function (Code 880)' and what to do about it, so I thought I would start with that. One of the stages is to perform parameterization of the windows. I have a (copy) Star/DAS/Xentry with developer mode, so I tried to do this. Whilst I do have a basic knowledge of it, there was not an option to perform parameterization. Any ideas at how to do this please?

Hi Paul, I've also got option code 880 and it only works if you stand very close to the drivers door and keep your key pointing directly to the sensor on the door handle whilst continuously holding the unlock button on your? key.
If you hear an alarm coming from inside the car while doing this then there will be a message on the dash display such as boot partition not closed.
Good luck with getting it sorted.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,760 Posts
As Avel Du mentioned, are you sure it's not referring to the window re sync?

With the ignition in 2nd position, close the doors and then push and hold the down button, continuing to hold it down 3-4 seconds after it reaches the bottom, repeat in the upwards direction and then for the passenger side.

Have you thought about fitting a smarttop, it's much less hassle to use and better than the factory system?!

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
The factory remote roof operation is next to useless ...

A Smarttop is needed!!

And +1 to the instructions above - DAS isn;t needed for those ...

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not heard that phrase before.
There is a windows resynch that doesn't need DAS and is done with the window buttons.
Yes, done the resynch. This is the link to the bulletin:
http://www.billsden.org/fileadmin/media/mercedes/slk/docs/dtb_p_b_77_39_31.pdf

Have your read through the forum DAS threads?
Yes, successfully enabled both fog lights, enabled cornering fogs (even though my car has cornering fogs but it wasn't enabled for some reason), and more by luck than judgement ('cos Xentry was in German after a certain point) successfully changed kph in the lower MFD to mph (even though I was following the instructions for changing the display to show temp in the lower MFD and still not managed it.....!)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Paul, I've also got option code 880 and it only works if you stand very close to the drivers door and keep your key pointing directly to the sensor on the door handle whilst continuously holding the unlock button on your? key.
If you hear an alarm coming from inside the car while doing this then there will be a message on the dash display such as boot partition not closed.
Good luck with getting it sorted.
I have closed the partition and held the keyfob as close as 1mm from the sensor. There is no alarm and nothing in the display.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As Avel Du mentioned, are you sure it's not referring to the window re sync?

With the ignition in 2nd position, close the doors and then push and hold the down button, continuing to hold it down 3-4 seconds after it reaches the bottom, repeat in the upwards direction and then for the passenger side.

Have you thought about fitting a smarttop, it's much less hassle to use and better than the factory system?!
I don't know if it is referring to the re sync or not, I was just following the bulletin. Surely though, if it was referring to the re sync, it wouldn't be telling me to use STAR to do "parameterization"?

I agree about a SmartTop, however, I am one of these anal people that thinks that if something SHOULD work, it MUST work!! I am saving the biggest and probably the most difficult task until last, an inoperable heated driver's seat.....

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts
clean the sensor?
get a smarttop? :D it uses rf instead of ir

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
174 Posts

A Smarttop is needed!!

Another Mercedes "feature" that is totally useless as Seanhump points out. What a sad testimony to what is supposed to be superior German engineering. If you don't mind standing outside your car for 22 seconds while holding your key fob two inches away from your door handle, I suppose you get what you deserve.

·
Registered
89 Posts

A Smarttop is needed!!

Another Mercedes "feature" that is totally useless as Seanhump points out. What a sad testimony to what is supposed to be superior German engineering. If you don't mind standing outside your car for 22 seconds while holding your key fob two inches away from your door handle, I suppose you get what you deserve.
You don't even know me, so how do you know what I Deserve ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts