Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
*Registered
2005 SLK280 R171 model
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have read a number of threads on here and as a result of this. I purchased a Car Bluetooth Audio cable adapter for my Mercedes car audio 20 stereo from eBay.
The link to the adapter on ebay is

I fitted this as it would change the CD changer function into a bluetooth connection.
Once I fitted the bluetooth adapter and I pressed the CDC button on the stereo it stated that there is no CDC connected and then reverted back to the radio. I searched for a bluetooth channel on my phone and found nothing.

I am not sure if I need to adjust or programme the stereo to recognize the bluetooth adapter maybe but I cannot figure out how to do this. I have pressed and held down the CDC button on the front of the stereo as that was mentioned on another thread but again that did not make a difference.

If anyone can help in letting me know how to get this to work or what I need to purchase to make this stereo bluetooth enabled.

I have attached an image of my stereo reference numbers from my car. It is an SLK280 2005 model on a 55 reg. There is a CD changer in the glove box but no Aux connector visible in the glove box.

Thanks

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
102,333 Posts
do you have audio 20?
there are different versions of audio 20, i assume yours is the 1st generation 2005
perhaps that device you bought is for later versions of audio 20

·
102,333 Posts

·
102,333 Posts

·
102,333 Posts
date for your part is 2001 so maybe that is why your device won't talk to it? @Sneaky Pete

·
*Registered
2005 SLK280 R171 model
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi thanks for the quick replies.
I think I have done my intro post correctly also.
Is there an adapter that anyone may know of that will work with my Audio 20 stereo then?
I did think it was a 2005 model stereo according to the date stamp on the stereo it states Oct 2005.
Any help appreciated thanks.

·
102,333 Posts
I have notified Sneaky Pete. He is well versed on the subject
Let me see if i can find the other bt that someone has used

·
102,333 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,675 Posts
What Jeff says. You have a Audio 20 for the pre-facelift. No AUX on it.
And by the looks of that thingy it disconnects the MOST connection of your CDC when you hook it up. So that explains the "no CDC connected" message.
If I look at the connector of it it seems as if it does not use the MOST connectors on the Audio 20 at all so I really don't know how it could act as a CDC.
Furthermore in the description of that device on ebay there is a list of a whole bunch of MB models it supports. Unfortunately the SLK R171 is not among them........
So alas..... no-go I am afraid.
@2495dave

·
*Registered
2005 SLK280 R171 model
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What Jeff says. You have a Audio 20 for the pre-facelift. No AUX on it.
And by the looks of that thingy it disconnects the MOST connection of your CDC when you hook it up. So that explains the "no CDC connected" message.
If I look at the connector of it it seems as if it does not use the MOST connectors on the Audio 20 at all so I really don't know how it could act as a CDC.
Furthermore in the description of that device on ebay there is a list of a whole bunch of MB models it supports. Unfortunately the SLK R171 is not among them........
So alas..... no-go I am afraid.
@2495dave
Hi thanks for the reply.
Is there any type of adapter that you know of that would be suitable for this stereo at all. To make it bluetooth enabled or even if I could add an aux port to it.
Cheers

·
102,333 Posts
post 8 above...amazon link

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,675 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply.
Is there any type of adapter that you know of that would be suitable for this stereo at all. To make it bluetooth enabled or even if I could add an aux port to it.
Cheers
AUX port is difficult. With some tricks,soldering on the internal circuit boatd and playing an empty CD continuously it can be sort of arranged.
This is a better alternative

@jbanks15 Don't think that will sort either Jeff, think it requires an iPod connector.

·
102,333 Posts
oh...my bad...you would know :D

·
Registered 2008 SLK280
164 Posts
Hook your CD changer back up and get a good BT adapter that plugs into a 12V socket on your car. It connects to your phone via BT and broadcasts audio to your radio via a FM signal over your choice of frequency. They also have USB ports for charging phone etc.

I did this for my '08 280 and stream Pandora from my cell constantly without any issues. I also make and receive hands free calls seamlessly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts