Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I picked up my 2002 R170 230 today. The only thing amiss on the car (so far, fingers crossed), is the passenger side interior bulb is out. Have done a search and seen the dome unit out but can't find out how to get the dome unit out? Would any of you wonderful people be able to to tell me how?

Cheers Jack

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,192 Posts
Jack, moving this to the r170 general discussion section.

the diy section is for already established diy procedures

have you tried a search top right for your query?
it might also be in your owner's manual

someone will respond shortly

·
98,192 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi all, I picked up my 2002 R170 230 today. The only thing amiss on the car (so far, fingers crossed), is the passenger side interior bulb is out. Have done a search and seen the dome unit out but can't find out how to get the dome unit out? Would any of you wonderful people be able to to tell me how?

Cheers Jack
Here you go:
http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-general-discussion/9656-how-replace-dome-light-bulb-2002-a.html#post195966

Basically you carefully pop the clear covering with smth like a flat head screwdriver. Then, use Philips screw driver to remove two screws. Then there are two metal pins towards the back of the car right on the base of the dome light assembly. You can see it on both sides from this picture:

These seem to be favorite to stuck up in there. :biglaugh: Carefully jiggle wiggle it and again use a small flat head screw driver to sort of squeeze them so the dome light assembly comes out. From there it's easier to access both of the bulbs. You simply unscrew the plastic holder from the top (you can see one brown on the left and a hole on the right since it was removed from there), replace the bulb and screw it back in :tu: Put it back together! You're Done!

P.S. I put 2 LED ones in there. Or what a brightness change!!! You should see it! These are the ones I used. Picture taken from Ebay =)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jayson I saw your post in my search but just wanted a bit more info before routing around with a screwdriver. Cheers mate.

·
98,192 Posts
but isn't this forum the best!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.