Mercedes SLK World banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
135 Posts
I would like to add my thanks to the forum and the moderators. I became a member two years before I bought my car. It was a fantastic place to research my next car and determine all the things to look out for. I was already an MB owner with a C200 however wanted to understand everything I could about the SLK. Great advise from JB on a number of points when looking at SLK55’s meant I was able to find a really good example and have never looked back. I am a purist and want to keep my car completely original however I have used the forum to assist on a few small changes like paddles and gear knob. I love the fact that you can be talking to SLK owners from across the world. Through the forum I have met some other SLK owners in my own area and we enjoy many great runs and times together through our passion for SLK’s. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,316 Posts
I would like to add my thanks to the forum and the moderators. I became a member two years before I bought my car. It was a fantastic place to research my next car and determine all the things to look out for. I was already an MB owner with a C200 however wanted to understand everything I could about the SLK. Great advise from JB on a number of points when looking at SLK55’s meant I was able to find a really good example and have never looked back. I am a purist and want to keep my car completely original however I have used the forum to assist on a few small changes like paddles and gear knob. I love the fact that you can be talking to SLK owners from across the world. Through the forum I have met some other SLK owners in my own area and we enjoy many great runs and times together through our passion for SLK’s. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words! :D
I thought about moving your thread here:

http://www.slkworld.com/off-topic/211241-i-want-thank-everyone.html

·
96,316 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
294 Posts
Having read through this entire thread, I must echo many of the previous comments. I have found SLKWorld welcoming, friendly, and free of the divisiveness that is found in many forums. The information available has help guide several maintenance decisions I have made since I acquired La Bête.

Thanks to everyone who supports SLKWorld with their experience, their freely and cheerfully given advice, and their love for these cars.

v/r Jeff

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
Like Woolly said above, a lot of the original folks came over from Benzworld. I rember when that happened as I was one of them. It was also wonderful to have a friendly forum with knowledgeable people who all wanted to help each other and we all had pretty much the same car. I also remember all of us talking about someone putting an SLR motor in an SLK....I think it was us.

Glad to see this forum was kept alive by the new folks............

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
654 Posts
I have been a member for 7 years now. I remember Woolly. I remember reading hundreds of threads and posts when I first joined. I joined other forums in regards to other cars (kid's and partner's cars, and my shopping trolley) - post a query, and seldom a reply. This forum is brilliant. There are so many people who are not only knowledgeable, but are prepared to give their time to those of us who aren't. While my SLK has only been to a mechanic twice in seven years, I find myself something of a novice because very little has required fixing on my car, so I don't have much experience of taking it to bits (yet).

Well done Jeff and everyone!! And thank you.

·
Registered 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4 Posts
I haven't been on here for a while and just found out that Wooly had died. It was a bit of a shock as I went out on a few runs with him when I first got my car and found him to be a really nice chap. Very helpful to me as a newbie as I'm sure he was to lots of other people. I never realised he was one of the founders of this club.
Anyway RIP Wooly, I hope you have found SLK heaven.

Gareth

·
96,316 Posts
Has anyone else noted that the forum has reached 1,000,000 posts!

Congrats and thanks to everyone for all of the contributions
:)
True that!
1M posts
57.7K members

·
96,316 Posts
Latest news of course is the forum went from Vbulletin software to Xenforo software Nov 27th 2019
Vbulletin was old and no updates were done for like 5 years.
Growing pains taking place but will be a great improvement over vbulletin

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,206 Posts
One benefit of the new system.
Regardless of platform (pad, phone, pc) it should present pretty much the same.

·
96,316 Posts
Bump for the newbies

81 - 95 of 95 Posts