Mercedes SLK World banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
This is a great thread. I'm a recent member and find it interesting how the forum came into existence and flourished into what it is today. Congratulations to the start up members and all the members that have joined since. We have a great source of info, friendship and fun. Long may it continue.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Didn't know this thread exist but Wolly and Eddy did a great job explaining how it all got started. I'm glad this forum started, I was tired of visiting mbworld.org, benzworld.org, pointed3, then a Canadian website that I can't remember for my SLK fix. This forum brought all the active members together and we all migrated to slkworld.com back in 2006. We have lost a lot of very active members throughout the years but gained very vocal/active new members along the way. Can't say I am as active as I was back in the days but I still check in now and then unlike a lot of members who moved on to different brands. I'm part of many car forums, this is not the most active but it is one of the best and most matured of them all.

·
Founding member #7
2,156 Posts
Yeah, I've been busy lately and haven't visited here in a while. Just stopping back to see what's new. Still have my 2006 SLK 350. Something like 82,000 miles on it now. Still has a great paint job even though I run it through the Buffalo area winters. Still fun to drive.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,306 Posts
I would like to personally thank all the Moderators. This SLK site has an amazing team and they deliver the best advice and give great advice with links to to specific searches on this site. I have not been disappointed ever. All great I am so happy I found it! Thank you so much Jeff, Wooly, Simply SLK and everyone else! I love you!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,156 Posts
Bump per request

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Wow, I just realized the cutoff date for being a member filled up the first day!
It seems the site was created on 6/25, and I joined a day late to be a founding member (6/27).

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts

·
94,156 Posts

·
94,156 Posts

·
94,156 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Hah, you win (of course) :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
So...what was the criteria to be a founding member?

·
94,156 Posts
Showing up on time apparently! :D :D
That is a Woolly/Etyu, those early founder/founding members question. :D

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Truly an amazing forum. Whether it be a missing trunk clip or busted tumbler flap the guys (Especially the founders) have helped me solve every problem that I've had with my SLK. I've been able to service my own car with the aid of this site and also one of its members "i860" and feel rest assured that the job has been tackled with professional assistance. I actually trust this site and its advice more that MB, and don't have to worry about the invoice being so high, it puts my car off the road. It's also exceptional to receive PM's from the moderators; to not only give advice but also be understanding about its members and their situations. Jeff, has taken the time on many occasions to PM me giving me advice to which has been invaluable. This site has a genuine sense of humor, and a true sense of being, with excellent advice....

"Moderators, Founders and Members" I salute you all...

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
Very interesting. And definitely the best forum I've been part of 👍👌😎🍻

41 - 60 of 94 Posts