Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about 6'-1" tall and weigh about 175 and I just about max out in the cockpit of my 170. I admit I like a "straight arm", "relaxed" (seat back angled to within 1/2 inch of rear bulkhead) driving style. I guess when the Germans said "kurzfristig", they meant it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
"BarrySLK280"... So, its a minivan to you,, and it goes faster than ours. Your a luck man.

I'm 6'2" and 185lbs and this car is perfect for me, I even have the seat a bit forward and that I could not do in ANY other 2 seater.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm 6'3" 215 lbs, I have gotten used to a more upright seat back ... even in my e430 I've had to readjust the seat position memory for a more upright position. I give up a little leg room for a slight angle in the seat back. I find myself twiddling with seat height and seat angle occasionally ... like just after a big meal :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am the same size as the OP, 6'1" and vary between about 175 to 178 pounds on the bathroom scale.

I fit in the cockpit of my 140 that has 150 seats just fine. I also fit into my R170 surprisingly well. The only thing I don't like about my fit in the SLK is that I can't lay the seat back as far as I like. I had a 300E and I laid the seat WAY back.

That said, the biggest surprise I've had from my SLK was a few weeks ago when I had to make a 250 mile one way trip. I bought the car for my 21 mile trip to work every day over hilly, winding, lightly traveled road. The surprise I had was how comfortable and non fatiguing the little car turned out to be on the trip.

Hope this helps,
Larry

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
With SLKs being so popular in America then most people should fit into them.....
Not Nice.....and such a generalization! Are you saying that a lot of Basketball players drive SLK's?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.