Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 mercedes slk 280. I live in new jersey,and would like to know any other peoples experiences in the winter months..

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC300 Founding member #7
2,172 Posts
I have a 2006 SLK 350. I'm guessing the 350 is heavier. Don't know if that would actually be good for giving me more traction or bad for more inertia in a slide. In any case, I use winter tires and wheels. I did finally manage to get stuck in snow this last winter. About 6 inches fell in the parking lot where we were and I couldn't get traction to get out without a push from the wifey and someone else who probably thought I was nuts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
About 6 inches fell in the parking lot where we were and I couldn't get traction to get out without a push from the wifey and someone else who probably thought I was nuts.
What? You had your wife push? You didn't let her get behind the wheel and you push???

·
Registered
91 Posts
SLK 280 in Uk Winter is OK until temperatures hit 6C the car is very poor at temperatures below this. The back end slips out all the time.
I drove behind a standard 1300cc hatchback last year Dry conditions at 6C and the car in front was fine but no way could I catch it, my car was so tail happy on smooth / worn bits of road.

Continental Supergrip 3's

As others have said Winter Tyres are required.

As a note : the Handbook that came with the car front page leaflet advises not to use car below 6C.

Hope this helps. Continental Supergrip 2's are slightly better believe it or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.