Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it would be great to get together with other SLK owners in the UK & SLKWorld.
Would anyone be up for this?
Any ideas? Maybe a day out to Mercedes-Benz world at Brooklands?
Lets discuss or dismiss the idea!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me an mama will come to UK ifn you will come to Vegas...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ahhh Vegas, there was a time I would vist Vegas at least 2 times a year, I haven't been since 1999 and was saying to my girlfriend earlier that I really want to go.

So maybe I might get to try some of that 'Grits and Gravy' you speak about! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Ill cook up sum jus for ya'll. Grits, gravy, ham hocks, red eye gravy, cat head biscuits for soppin, fresh honey an molasses, livermush an country ham an sum tenderloin. Dang, done flung a cravin on me, be cookin when I git home in tha mornin. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Ill cook up sum jus for ya'll. Grits, gravy, ham hocks, red eye gravy, cat head biscuits for soppin, fresh honey an molasses, livermush an country ham an sum tenderloin. Dang, done flung a cravin on me, be cookin when I git home in tha mornin. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Thanks for that Doug...I still haven't eaten breakfast yet. :(

Sorry for going :eek:fftopic: Erky...

I won't mind a trip to the UK. I know the wife wants to get up there.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Erky, if you organize it for 2008 I´m in.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we have been trying for a long time to organise a meet!

lets just do it!

I am in!

{P
Great..... However I have never organised a meet before but have been to many, surely it cant be that hard. I guess the 1st thing would be to try and get a show of hands of those intrested then we can sort a date and place thats suits all.

Heres the list so far!

Erkybaby
Wimbledon_SLK

We need more....... Maybe 412Driver can pop over with his Grits & Gravy, we can sort him out a nice G-Wiz car to drive around in :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Aint drivin in that mess, an tryin to remember to drive on the wrong side,,, be killed for sure. The best thing, set a date far enough out that folks can plan around, you'll never find a date purfict for all. I would love to attend and will if possible....:tu::tu:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aint drivin in that mess, an tryin to remember to drive on the wrong side,,, be killed for sure. The best thing, set a date far enough out that folks can plan around, you'll never find a date purfict for all. I would love to attend and will if possible....:tu::tu:

Not only do you guys drive on the wrong side of the road :biglaugh: The size of the average car over there is about the size of a studio flat here in London! :biglaugh:

As far as dates go it needs to be a sunny day so I would say sometime in July/August.
Lets see if we get enough intrest first.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
...There might just be a reason why God gave them their own island :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
:biglaugh: . . . that's too funny. (Comment with the pics.)

Well spoken Doug :tu:

That will also give us some time to train driving on the wrong side.....:biglaugh::biglaugh:
In what country! :confused::confused:

Great.....

Heres the list so far!

Erkybaby
Wimbledon_SLK
DesignoSLK
I'm for July/Aug 2008, I'm placing an order for UK sunshine today!!! OK...let the smart***, lack of sunshine, comments commence. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Not only do you guys drive on the wrong side of the road :biglaugh: The size of the average car over there is about the size of a studio flat here in London! :biglaugh:

So true, but we are learnin, and when fuel prices here match your cost we will be ridin more bicycles....:biglaugh::biglaugh: May have to rent a flat in Winston to avoid the 38 mile one way drive each day. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
944 Posts
In what country! :confused::confused:
At home of course:butt::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'm for July/Aug 2008, I'm placing an order for UK sunshine today!!! OK...let the smart***, lack of sunshine, comments commence. :biglaugh:
Could be combined with a Gallier summer party....
From Minden to the tunell is just 6 hrs drive:bannana:
Wonder if it's possible to get our car on to the train......:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
At home of course:butt::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Could be combined with a Gallier summer party....
From Minden to the tunell is just 6 hrs drive:bannana:
Wonder if it's possible to get our car on to the train......:confused::confused:
Yes! I have done it several times. PM me for a way to save money...on the eurotunnel, I know a nice trick!

P

D

·
0 Posts
Can i put my name down on a i hope to be able to come basis?

If so -

Erkybaby
Wimbledon_SLK
DesignoSLK
DansSlk

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I wanted to copy with the right mouse click, but it doesn´t work. (Bill, please change it. If I want to help somebody it´s boring to wright everything. You know, that I´m helping a lot!)

If the date is right put me on the list: Gero

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I wanted to copy with the right mouse click, but it doesn´t work. (Bill, please change it. If I want to help somebody it´s boring to wright everything. You know, that I´m helping a lot!)

If the date is right put me on the list: Gero
:hail::hail::hail:Majesty, as your humble servant, to be honored with even the thought of your presence should bring all those reading this to the knee with praise......I shall be honored to protect you from harm while in a strange land inhabited with lesser beings........:hail::hail::hail::hail: Jus tell me how to git tha lid off that bottle wid gold in it, mama needs a new car and that gold is the down payment....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Honest Knight Redneck, if you´re joining us in the Kingdom of the United Kings and Knights I´ll bring a bottle of that golden stuff for your mama. If not, please send me a PM with your adress of your holy castle. I´ll send you one. But please: It´s just for noble people! Your mama, yourself and your friends ;)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts