Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had MB replace 7 heated seat elements till warranty expired,then the four went down to one,over time(car is 10 years old).Getting old and on a long trip ,I really felt the need for heat.( I DO live in Florida!)
Bought these on Ebay:$69 the set of 4 pads.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251004563025?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I found an upholsterer locally who did some nice work on my 73 Mustang.
Said it would take an hour,while I waited.
20 mins later, sad face appears in waiting room:"your seats don't move and I cant get to the bolts....".
I explained the POS seat relay was intermittent and I was going to re-solder it eventually.Whereupon he went on line, located said POS diagram,removed it and RE SOLDERED it!

3 hours later, back on the road with enough heat for TWO bums and backs.
Quoted price=$100,but the relay r&r was an extra $25 (bargain-new one is around $35)
A very happy :butt:camper.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Thanks for the link, just pulled the trigger on a pair as my passenger seat is not functioning.
I will get an upholsterer to fit .
Cheers
Cobra

·
Registered
287 Posts
I find it interesting that the heated seat respondents both live in very warm climates. Did all of the owners in Minnesota freeze to death when their seat heaters went out? :confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link, just pulled the trigger on a pair as my passenger seat is not functioning.
I will get an upholsterer to fit .
Cheers
Cobra
They get quite warm,even though they are under the original(sewn in) heater elements. Not exactly a DIY job,but for $100 ,well pleased.Took longer than the one hour he thought as the seat relay needed to be re soldered to move seats to get to bolts!
A

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,419 Posts
I find it interesting that the heated seat respondents both live in very warm climates. Did all of the owners in Minnesota freeze to death when their seat heaters went out? :confused:
Simple answer all those people in Minnesota are on here asking how to store the SLK during the winter months as they do not need heated seats.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had MB replace about 7 times before warranty expired!
New $68 ones have a few years warranty!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.