Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in the East of England, we are currently under a hosepipe ban, meaning my usual car washing routine has to be changed.

I know everyone gas their own methods using 1, 2 or 3 buckets, but just thought I'd come on here for a bit of sympathy seeing as my lot back here seem unfazed by the issue!

Just for the record, I will be switching to my backup 3 bucket method

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
We have plenty of water in the NE, (plenty of sunshine too!!). I suppose we'll have to start shipping it down to you again, like we did a few years ago. I'll just cary on using my 'one hosepipe' method of car washing :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might just fit a hose adapter to the bottom of my bucket so I can carry on as if nothing has happened. - I might even form a crocodile chain with the kids, filling my hose-bucket up with water from other buckets!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also had to observe the hosepipe band today (in Reading-Berkshire)
It’s my 1st time using buckets so I am currently on two Buckets method, one for me and one for Mrs, I am hoping the hosepipe band is lifted before I stat using the 3rd bucket
Al

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
You and me both - it's a bit tiresome. Fortunately, there was loads of rain this weekend, so I wasn't tempted to break the ban. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts