Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on servicing the oil separator. Many of the hoses are cracked and in need of replacement. Currently exchanging emails with Jonathan from mercedespartscenter.com and am having trouble finding a part number. It is not on his diagrams. I need to replace the vent hose from the supercharger to the oil separator. This is for an R170. Does anyone know the part number for this hose?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
Did you ever post your vin number for your datacard and then we can see if we can find the part number?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
you see the hose in this picture?

Attachments

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I do not. This is the same diagram Jonathan and I are working off of. The hose I am describing comes off of hose #77 and goes to the Kompressor. There is also a couple (2) hose connectors involved.

I am assuming that since this ties into hose #77 from the diagram, that that hose is not correct either.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
parts list for above pic

Attachments

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a possible part# 0020940183. Bothers me that no diagram even shows the right part for hose #77 on that diagram. This vent tube is critical.

Is it possible that diagram is for a non-supercharged R170?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
2nd diagram is for your vin. any grayed out parts are not available for your vin/model

1st pic was not but let me double check now that i have your vin

·
Founding Member 2006
108,846 Posts
pic is the same for your vin number

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found that the hose you are looking for is a small length of the MB nylon vacuum tubing used throughout the engine bay. That nylon vacuum tube is sold in bulk rolls a a couple of diameters.

As I recall, one end fits into a small hole in hose #77 and the other end uses a rubber hose as an adapter for the port on the supercharger.

Both the bulk lengths of nylon vacuum tubing and the rubber hose connectors can be found on Ebay as MB OEM parts.

When I re-finished the valve cover on my car I replaced all the hoses on the oil separator and found everything on-line including the oil separator itself.

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AHA, getting somewhere. So far that diagram is way off and I was about to purchase a bunch of hoses that would not work. Pelican has a procedure for the oil separator replacement and in one of their pics I saw a part number on the hose. It also lead me to find out that #80 in that diagram, along with hose #77 is also wrong. Here is all I have gathered so far for servicing the oil separator....

Three hoses total:

1) Hose #80 , Air intake hose. This hose is a Y connector - It connects the AOS to valve cover hose (green arrow); the air intake hose (red arrow) and the bottom oil return line (yellow arrow). I need the correct part number for this hose.
2) Hose #77 , the AOS to valve cover hose PN# A1110181682. (There is a small vacuum line attached to the bottom of the hose that assists in returning oil to the crank, remove this hose (green arrows). Need this part number as well.
3) Hose #83 , Bottom - oil return line. That looks fine in the diagram.

Take a look at these pics and tell me what you think, like a I said, that diagram is way off and unfortunately its also what mercedespartscenter.com is also using to reference.

Pic #1 Ait intake hose

Pic #2 AOS to Valve Cover Hose

Pic #3 - oil return line

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm going to ask Jonathan to order the three hoses that we have identified and I will source the small nylon vacuum line locally. I just need the specs of the hose, inner and outer diameter.

·
*Registered
'02 SLK32 AMG/'02 SLK230/'03 SLK230
284 Posts
I used A117 997 09 82 recently. It may work for you too. Not easy to install but worked. It came in two pieces in a bag. Just ask to get one and it is long enough to do two replacements. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.