Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a new to me SLC on friday, When viewing the car I noticed the horn chirped either on unlocking or locking or both I am not sure. Question is how do I disable the chirp? It is not something I want, or I suspect not something my neighbours want when I get the car out of the garage at 5am.

Sorry if this has been covered before but I have just returned to the forum after being away for seven months, not quite got my head round the new style yet. o_O

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,599 Posts
when you get the great mod, SmartTOP, it has options to disable chirp

from the programming instructions

Function 11 - Chirps ( 0=OFF / 1=LOCK / 2=UNLOCK / 3=LOCK/UNLOCK )

This function activates brief signals when unlocking or locking using either the horn.

• Setting 1 activates a short horn beep when locking.
• Setting 2 activates a short horn beep when unlocking.
• Setting 3 activates short horn signals when locking or unlocking.

·
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when you get the great mod, SmartTOP, it has options to disable chirp

from the programming instructions

Function 11 - Chirps ( 0=OFF / 1=LOCK / 2=UNLOCK / 3=LOCK/UNLOCK )

This function activates brief signals when unlocking or locking using either the horn.

• Setting 1 activates a short horn beep when locking.
• Setting 2 activates a short horn beep when unlocking.
• Setting 3 activates short horn signals when locking or unlocking.

Thanks Jeff, that will be one of the first mods, had one in the old SLK. I very much doubt there is one fitted in the SLC though. Must be a way of doing it before smarttop surely??

·
96,599 Posts

·
96,599 Posts
Thanks Jeff, that will be one of the first mods, had one in the old SLK. I very much doubt there is one fitted in the SLC though. Must be a way of doing it before smarttop surely??

you check your owner's manual?

You can also set an audible signal to confirm that the vehicle has been locked. The audible signal can be activated and deactivated using the on-board computer (Y page 174).

·
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you check your owner's manual?

You can also set an audible signal to confirm that the vehicle has been locked. The audible signal can be activated and deactivated using the on-board computer (Y page 174).
Thanks again, I don't pick the car up until Friday, but the owners manual would seem a good place to look! I am sure I would have thought of that eventually :unsure:

·
96,599 Posts
Thanks again, I don't pick the car up until Friday, but the owners manual would seem a good place to look! I am sure I would have thought of that eventually :unsure:
do you need it? and comand manual?

·
96,599 Posts

usa but good enuff

·
96,599 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts