Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a funny thing happened to me on Sunday. I brought my car to one of those wand car washes, I only go there cause our condo does not have a hose for washing cars. I bring a covered bucket of soapy water with me and only use the wand to rinse. I took off my watch and placed it on the center console so as not to get it wet. I proceeded to was the car with two microfibre washing mitts I had just bought. I rinsed the car off. Used my silicone squeegee to remove most of the water. Dried it down with my microfibere towel and dressed the tires. Got in the car, put my watch back on and drove home.

Got back into my condo. I always take off my watch and wedding ring to wash up and that is when I realized I had lost my wedding ring!!!!! A slight moment of panic set in!! My wedding ring and I have had a few adventures during my time, Like the time I had it fling right off my finger as I was flicking my hands to shed the water away after just washing them. I had lost a few pounds over the previous month and my wedding ring flew right off my finger and landed in the bottom of the toilet right next to the sink. I tried to grab it with a modified coat hanger but that caused it to go further back in the bottom of the toilet. I had no choice, I rolled up my sleeve and went in and got the ring out! Yes I washed my hands after that at least twice for like five minutes each time.............

Anyways, back to my story. I tell my wife I lost my wedding ring washing he car. She gives me the old "how can you lose your ring washing the car"? You would feel it come off your hand if that were true...................... Wow, I was lost for words........ I went back down to the car to get my old bucket with my wash mitts in it, brought them back upstairs and looked in the bottom of the bucket, no ring........ I check inside the wash mitts and bingo I found my ring!!!!! Well at least now she believes me. I told her about the toilet incident and she said that one sounds way too far fetched...... Go figure!!!

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
:biglaugh: Good story. I would believe the car wash excuse before the toilet excuse.

If you're looking for a way to wash the car without taking it to a car wash, I've found that Optimum No-Rinse applied through a hand pump sprayer works well. I live in an apartment and it's a lot easier than taking it out and driving to the car wash if the car is only dusty. If the car has a lot of grit on it from rain or whatever I take it to the self serve car wash.

Reactions: Theregans

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Like the time I had it fling right off my finger as I was flicking my hands to shed the water away after just washing them. I had lost a few pounds over the previous month and my wedding ring flew right off my finger
I feel your pain.. I lost one doing the same thing in the Florida Keys.. stupid sunscreen..:mad:

Glad you found it, wives seem to have no humor in that sort of thing..

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Prolly need a routine: remove BOTH watch and wedding ring at the same time each time, store in secure place, and double check for ring's presence everytime you put on the watch.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I *do* have that routine Eddy, and I still managed to lose my ring between IAH and LHR, but unfortunately didn't notice it until I woke up the next morning. I think my fingers shrink at altitude!

Good news is that Louise does have a sense of humor, so is spending loads of quality time picking out a replacement! :p

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I did that when washing my hands on a construction site. It had come off with the paper towel when drying my hands. It was a huge bin full of paper towels, took about 20 mins to find it!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I've managed to hang on to mine for nearly 32 years now, though it has been mislaid on occasion. I've still got my wedding ring too.... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.