Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
*Registered
2010 SLK350
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2010 SLK 350 with Homelink... performed the reset to get the old programming out when I bought the car... I can put it into pairing mode (it does blink) but no matter how long I hold the garage remote next to the mirror it just won't program... any ideas ? or places to look... Thanks !

·
Founding Member 2006
114,399 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
114,399 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
114,399 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
114,399 Posts
instead of putting remote to mirror, does your opener attached to ceiling have a 'learn' button?

·
Founding Member 2006
114,399 Posts
Yes it does. fairly new Chamberlain system. I saw that step in one of the links you sent for "rolling codes"
i have a 2009 and used the learning button
a 2 person operation though unless u r fast!

·
Founding Member 2006
114,399 Posts
park as close as u can inside the garage
i would just be paranoid that it would close on my car

·
Founding Member 2006
114,399 Posts
yeah... stand on the parcel shelf! HAHAHA just kidding :D

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG w/P30 (Malene)
261 Posts
There is no way of providing a guarantee the Homelink buttons in your vehicle will program to your particular garage door opener. Best you can do is contact the manufacturer of your garage door opener to inquire about compatibility. Also different car manufacturers use different versions of Homelink some will work, some will require a repeater kit to translate from your car to your opener.

·
*Registered
2009 SLK55 AMG w/P30
1,631 Posts
Yes it does. fairly new Chamberlain system. I saw that step in one of the links you sent for "rolling codes"
This sounds as if someone is reading my history.
We live in a gated community and the car is parked in a parkade. I have programmed many of the 13 MB cars I have owned to various garage door openers and the opener on our parkade successfully. While the gate opener is identical to the parkade the damned car would not program to it. I could program any of the three buttons to the parkade but not one to the gate.
So I did as suggested here. I bought the Chamberlain G953EVC-P2 3 Button Remote and put a strip of Velcro hook tape just above the OEM Homelink buttons on the overhead console and then a strip of the other Velcro on the back of the remote so the opener sites right on top of the buttons. Works a treat and easy to take down to change the batteries. $49 CDN on Amazon.ca

1 - 16 of 16 Posts