Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Looks good. Any step-by-step instructions and photos?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry on step-by-step instructions i did not think when making it. i made a cardboard template, then cut 2 x mdf shapes out and then a third one 10mm smaller on the edge where the plexigass would sit in making a gove and then glued them together then sand and paint with colour matched paint, cut the plexiglass to the smaller mdf shape with a arc and my cousin lazer etched for me.

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
When I saw that title, home made Windrestrictor, I was expecting to see... YIKES. But that looks really good.

You did a great job and your buddies etching is nice work!

Congrats!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks neat.

What holds it in place to stop it blowing away when driving at speed?
still working on that, at the moment its got the m3 tape that holds spoilers on i was looking at velcro round the rollbar but dont like that look. i can still remove the plexiglass to clean and leave frame in place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you think of something what to cover the rollbar?
do you mean in side the rollbars like the windrestrictor like the ones one the r171?
i am looking at a set of slim 3.5in or 4in speakers to see what i can do with them.

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Did you read the part about Lexan, Clear Straps, and only $140.oo!??!

:tu::tu::tu:
Sorry. Wouldn't want anything on my rollbars. If ever removed you may have discoloration or damage where the straps are touching the rollbars.

The savings is not worth the long term potential damage or the home made look.

You get what you pay for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts