Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The true path to righteousness lies in us all realizing, regardless of any real or perceived differences, that we are all one people: the Human Race and that we must treat each other with Decency, Mutual Respect and Love. Only then will we be able to address the true evils of this world: Fear, Hatred and Intolerance.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I’d like to add ‘ignorance’ as an unintended evil.
Ignorance is not bliss; it is, and has been, the cause for most of the strife in human history.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Sadly we sometimes focus too much on what makes us different and miss or ignore what makes us the same...

Tolerance and civility are wonderful things.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
The true path to righteousness lies in us all realizing, regardless of any real or perceived differences, that we are all one people: the Human Race and that we must treat each other with Decency, Mutual Respect and Love. Only then will we be able to address the true evils of this world: Fear, Hatred and Intolerance.
:)Great in theory. We live in difficult times and we must all exercise more tolerance. However, many people today expect too much without working hard to achieve on their own. I'm concerned for our younger generation. Raised on fast food and a national past time of violent video games, movies, and music, with little discipline. Many lack basic educational and social skills, with little respect for any level of authority. I'm tolerant, within reason.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)Great in theory. We live in difficult times and we must all exercise more tolerance. However, many people today expect too much without working hard to achieve on their own. I'm concerned for our younger generation. Raised on fast food and a national past time of violent video games, movies, and music, with little discipline. Many lack basic educational and social skills, with little respect for any level of authority. I'm tolerant, within reason.

The sad part is, most of these difficult times we create ourselves, or let our leaders create for us.

I know it is simplistic, but simple is always the place to start. Maybe, just maybe, if we all practice love and respect, we can change ourselves and others for the better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.