Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
At first glance I thought he had wrapped the bonnet (hood) and then painted over it, so easy to remove before resale, but looking closer at the bird's head, it looks like it's there to stay.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,142 Posts
Looks like it's air-brushed over CARBON FIBRE :surprise:

·
14,142 Posts
With that black pattern? Interesting that :wink: Thanks for correction.

·
14,142 Posts
If you look closely it says airbrush artwork on binnet . >:D
I did but thought it just referred to the 'thunder chicken', not the black background. Tis of no consequence, love the yellow but the rest......not so much.

Reactions: Idiot101

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did but thought it just referred to the 'thunder chicken', not the black background. Tis of no consequence, love the yellow but the rest......not so much.
That was my thought; a euro version of the Trans Am "Thunder Chicken"! But I have to politely disagree on the yellow. That has to go!>:D

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK32 AMG
622 Posts
That's quite a bit of moola to spend on the bonnet/hood of an r170...

If yellow was the original colouring too... :(

Each to their own I suppose.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The only way I would buy that car is if the owner removed the graphics before I paid for it. And the cost of removal came out of his pocket not a surcharge on top of auction price.

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
233 Posts
Oh my, that's probably the most atrocious thing I've seen all year. :crying:

To be honest, if I had the garage space to spare, I'd buy it myself and give it a proper respray to restore it to what an SLK should rightfully be. I do have everything needed, as well as a background in auto body, so it wouldn't be too difficult. The starting price isn't bad either for a decent R170, and I do love a project.

What do you think? Should we all chip in a few $ each to buy it and respray it... call it an SLKWorld Forum group project and restore it to it's former glory? I'm sorry, but it's too horrible to allow it to exist in that state any longer :laugh:

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,059 Posts
Oh my, that's probably the most atrocious thing I've seen all year. :crying:

To be honest, if I had the garage space to spare, I'd buy it myself and give it a proper respray to restore it to what an SLK should rightfully be. I do have everything needed, as well as a background in auto body, so it wouldn't be too difficult. The starting price isn't bad either for a decent R170, and I do love a project.

What do you think? Should we all chip in a few $ each to buy it and respray it... call it an SLKWorld Forum group project and restore it to it's former glory? I'm sorry, but it's too horrible to allow it to exist in that state any longer :laugh:
What is it with chrome plated / finished alloy wheels ??

If you turned up with them on you would be laughed at in the uk .
Is it a usa thing more so still ?

·
14,142 Posts
What is it with chrome plated / finished alloy wheels ??

If you turned up with them on you would be laughed at in the uk .
Is it a usa thing more so still ?
It's a bling thing. It's not limited to N.A.

This one (although a wrap) is in India---and a Lambo to boot:

And then there's this beauty:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.