Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trip from nyc to ac (atlantic city)
Cars 2009 m3 dct, 2006 porsche carrera s, 2008 335i with jb3 and my 2005 slk 350 with non operating vario roof.

fun ride down there with a couple wot!!! for the most part of the ride the porsche and m3 were at it...m3 would normally edge out..and i would stick around and bring the rear but not by much...for the most part i just tried to follow...but at one point i let it out..porsche and m3 were at it at 120sh mph i came from behind and pulled away...must hit the speed limiter wasnt looking....i kept extending the lead by a couple cars...later
we pulled over a gas stop and they told me they but tried to *** after and they cant believe how my car was able to do that...porsche guy checked my hood to see if i had a turbo or supercharger...i had them both impressed....335i didnt push much because a check engine light went on..
will elaborate more later..gotta go to work.....
i know the stats....but this is real world

(of course this story is fictional)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Have you had your trunk lid latch checked?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm even finding that the lowly 280 has some get up and go. I'm use to driving a VW GTI, but I have to say the 280 while slow on the draw quickly makes up for it and is gone. Granted it's not as fast as the 350. Still I bet it's faster then 99% of the cars on the road.

Rabbit

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
That's the problem with SLK Rabbits, it takes a moment or two for it to realize that someone lit the Rabbits tail on fire...:burnout:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts