Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took my local Club's HPDE school. What a blast!

Even though the course was on the short side (1.5 miles) the nine turns kept it interesting,

There were several drills we went though including collision avoidance, selecting the correct line, alternate lines, and passing.

My SLK performed OK. When in the pits I was getting a little chirp off the brakes from either glazed pads or a warped rotor on the rear outside. I will be following up on that.

I was hitting about 120 on the 1/2 mile straight. All the instructors wanted to get in with me. Even the the guy with the Ferrari 355.

The car was a huge it with the rest of the class. Everyone commented on the sound. Wait till the supersprint Xpipe and Kleemann headers show up!

I had a friend shoot some video but it turned out poorly.

SLK HPDE.jpg

IMG_7533.jpg

More pics here. Enjoy!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Glad to see you got the SLK out to the track. Are you going to try and make it down to BIR at all this year. The Minnesota MBCA chapter is going there on July 13th if you are interested. More info here.

-nmslk

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to see you got the SLK out to the track. Are you going to try and make it down to BIR at all this year. The Minnesota MBCA chapter is going there on July 13th if you are interested. More info here.

-nmslk

Hell Yeah!

What is the cost of a non - MBCA member? What if I brought a couple of friends with non-MB rides?

Thanks for the heads up Michael!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have asked the organizer to see if anyone else can get in on our group rate. I will let you know what I hear. Other wise it is an open event at BIR and cost using your own car is $265.

let me know if you are thinking of going.

-nmslk

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I can get a trailer to get the car down there (which shouldn't be a problem) I will make it.

You coming down Sunday or driving out just for the day?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts