Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The high beams on my 2001 SLK230 do not work in the “on” (push forward) position of the switch. They do, however, work in the “momentary” (pull back) position of the switch. I’m guessing that the multifunction switch on the steering column needs to be replaced? Has anyone done this who can provide advice or a step-by-step instructional link?
I’ve done a forum search here & found an old post with a link, but it no longer works.
Any help or advise is appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,984 Posts
The high beams on my 2001 SLK230 do not work in the “on” (push forward) position of the switch. They do, however, work in the “momentary” (pull back) position of the switch. I’m guessing that the multifunction switch on the steering column needs to be replaced? Has anyone done this who can provide advice or a step-by-step instructional link?
I’ve done a forum search here & found an old post with a link, but it no longer works.
Any help or advise is appreciated!
Thanks!
Hi

I've not done it myself, never had that problem .. yet :)

but this link should help you:

HTH

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks much! Looks pretty straight forward.
I’d have the dealer do the job, but I can probably do it just as well, or better, myself & learn a bit along the way (probably save some bucks, too).
Now to find the part. Favorite parts supplier recommendations? I’m not a fan of using a salvage yard or even “aftermarket” for plastic electronic parts like this. OEM part would be best?
Any additional comments or recommendations still very much appreciated here!
Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts