Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people (not just on this forum), when posting pics, hide the number plate/reg whereas others (like me) don't - why is this? - any self respecting burglar can spot the car somewhere then follow it to where it usually parks up if they really want to take it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
My thoughts exactly mate. If they really want it they'll probably get it. That's why we buy insurance.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Vehicle cloning is another problem. A friend of ours received a speeding fine notification and a bill for London congestion charge. Fortunately she could prove she wasn't in London on that day and after a few anxious days/weeks managed to get the charges dropped. But it was pretty stressful.

I'm not saying someone 'stole' her number plates from a web forum, but someone had the same plates on an identical car.

If someone has already stolen identical car to my SLK and then puts my number plates on it, a whole mess of trouble can land at my door. Plus the police will struggle to find the stolen car because it has my plates on it.

Yes Joe thief could get my plate details in person, but why give it to them over the web and make their lives easier?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts
Woolly, you had a coupon for one free 'no nag post by JB'.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nowadays every and single safety measures are need because the world out there it´s too messed up. With a license plate you can get much information about the owner and his belongings.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts
Bring 'em on. Smith and Wesson speaks fluent english in my neck of the woods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.