Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm not only new here but new (hopefully) to SLKs in general. I'm looking into purchasing a 2008 SLK350 in the next couple of weeks and just doing my homework.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California. When you get the chance, please update your profile (e.g., location: state/province) via UserCP. This will help those who may have the info to answer your future query.

Jbanks will be in shortly with more instructions :)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,085 Posts
here i is!!!

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year)(when u get one!) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Monline, Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get help deciding on your car and how to select. I just wrapped up a year's search and got the SLK 280 of my dreams on June 1. Much luck in your search

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your post didn't say where you are. Can you give us country, state/province, city??

What other resources are you using? I found Edmunds, Autotrader, eBay Motors and NADA to be helpful.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....Good luck on your search!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa Canada. We just bought our 350 at the beginning of April. Don't rush and do a lot of research to get the options you want, the colours you want, at the price you can afford. I found cars.com was pretty good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the big welcome everyone, I'm looking forward to being able to not just post my location (Manitoba, Canada) but year and model when I actually get it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bought My SLK

Well, this past weekend I took the plunge and purchased a 2008 SLK 350! I never dreamed how much fun it would be to drive around in a beautiful convertible on a sunny day ... and I have to say the power hard top is the best thing since sliced bread! Even my wife, who's normally very much a sedan kind-of-girl is having a blast and loving the top-down ride.

Like everyone else I'm sharing the frustration around the lack of bluetooth and ipod/mp3 input as part of the base model, but it wasn't enough to deter me from going ahead with the purchase. I'm in the process of confirming with my local dealer that the cost is indeed as prohibitive as everyone on the forum seems to have already indicated. I'll be researching the aftermarket options to see what I will do next.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Well, this past weekend I took the plunge and purchased a 2008 SLK 350! I never dreamed how much fun it would be to drive around in a beautiful convertible on a sunny day ... and I have to say the power hard top is the best thing since sliced bread! Even my wife, who's normally very much a sedan kind-of-girl is having a blast and loving the top-down ride.

Like everyone else I'm sharing the frustration around the lack of bluetooth and ipod/mp3 input as part of the base model, but it wasn't enough to deter me from going ahead with the purchase. I'm in the process of confirming with my local dealer that the cost is indeed as prohibitive as everyone on the forum seems to have already indicated. I'll be researching the aftermarket options to see what I will do next.
Congratulations !!! Icartronics from SLKstore is a nice aftermarket choice; it is not as expensive as OEM MB option, but not inexpensive either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts