Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum so I thought an introductory hello is appropriate. I hope you are all enjoying your SLK as much as I am. I have owned mine since 1st July and the only problem I have is a persistent condensation in the headlights. If anyone has a solution I would be very grateful.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from California.

From Gabus (Da R170 Man):

Clearing fogged headlamps and/or fog lamps.
1. Drive the car into the workshop and connect the exhaust extractor. In dry weather, this can also be performed outside.
2. Start the engine and switch on the low beam + high beam, front fog lamps and hazard warning lamps.
3. Leave the vehicle in this state for 20 minutes.
4. Switch off all lights and the engine.
5. If the headlamps and/or fog lamps are completely clear, the observed fogging or water is normal. If not, the headlamp or fog lamp is not functioning correctly and should be replaced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.