Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a cute gal from East Tennessee and I've had my SLK 230 for a couple of years, now. Loving the ride, and learning how to wrench on the machine.

Gonna go search the forums for an answer to a question/problem I have with my radiator fan not turning on.

I've lurked on this forum for a couple of months, and decided I should be neighborly and introduce myself. Take care, everyone and thanks for all of the info you helped me with incognito!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Hi and welcome from Virginia. Start easy, check the radiator fan fuse FIRST.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,192 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California. Make sure the wire connections to the radiator fan are in good condition/contact and without any corrosion on the wires, in addition to the suggestion earlier on checking the fuses.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire, all good advice also have a look at the K40 that's a known problem with the pre facelift models.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome from the far north - Ottawa Canada.

How do you know it's not coming on when it should - running hot on the temp guage?
If so, after the fuse and general wiring check noted above put a volt meter on it and see if the signal/power is getting there! Might be the fan itself. Does it turn by hand (ignition off!) ie not seized.

Fotos of your ride, miss? You are aware of the ladies thread!?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts