Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone new to all this and new to the slk, ive been given a slk 230 on a t reg by a family memeber, you might think this is kind but hold that, the slk has been on the driveway now for 11 months due to them loosing the key for the car not bothering to get a new one and also suspect head gasket problem. they had phoned someone out of the paper to take it away and there were gona charge my family, so i gave them £100 and said i would take it away and have a play and here i am for plenty of help and advice i hope

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi there newbie needing alot of help

hi there i have got a t reg slk 230, the keys have been lost and cant get into the car, can anyone give me any advice to how i can enter the car, and is there anyother way than going to mercedes to sort a key out, also the ignition has been changed so that is another different key any help an advice is greatly appreciated as at the mo i cant get it back to mine on the trailer until i can get in thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there help needed

hi there i have aquiered an slk off a family member is there anyway i can get in the car as keys have been lost and dont really want to have to smash a window thanks

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Sure - pop over to your local MB dealer with your registration and ID, and they can order a new key blade that will get you into the car. Is your car a R170 or R171?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
hi there i have got a t reg slk 230, the keys have been lost and cant get into the car, can anyone give me any advice to how i can enter the car, and is there anyother way than going to mercedes to sort a key out, also the ignition has been changed so that is another different key any help an advice is greatly appreciated as at the mo i cant get it back to mine on the trailer until i can get in thanks
I think you are out of luck, unless MB changed the ignition and updated FDOK with the new codes.

Understand that what you are basically asking to do is "how to unlock / drive a car without a proper key", which is what all the systems designed into the car are supposed to prevent - so not going to be easy.

·
Registered
921 Posts
You could always ask your local neighbourhood hooligan for assistance, they always manage to get into cars without the proper key :)

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
If it's not a rust bucket, then sounds like a viable project to me.

Welcome from NW Blighty.... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank

well thanks for the replies, its in good nick no rust, had a car cover over it, interior needs attention, but at the mo main thing is getting inot it without the keys, and hoping there is a way without smashing a window any ideas appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
loll all i want is a way to get into the car so i can get in onto a trailer to get it back to mine to work on it, im going to be putting new ignition and locks in it but i was just wondering if there was a way of getting in without smashing the window, oh and what is MG????????

·
Registered
265 Posts
You could always ask your local neighbourhood hooligan for assistance, they always manage to get into cars without the proper key :)
FUNNY........!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: U crack me up Swagman!:biglaugh:

MilesR)

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
loll all i want is a way to get into the car so i can get in onto a trailer to get it back to mine to work on it, im going to be putting new ignition and locks in it but i was just wondering if there was a way of getting in without smashing the window, oh and what is MG????????
From my post, it's "MB".

If the doors are locked, and their key cylinders where not changed - you should be able to get a key from Mercedes from the VIN of the car.

If they were changed as well, I think you are back to breaking a window. I'm hoping it's a manual transmission so you at least have a chance of moving it after you are in?

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
As has been explained in this, and your other 3 posts, the ONLY way to get in without breaking a window is to take the logbook plus proof of identity to your local Mercedes dealer. Modern cars are being made virtually impossible to steal without having the correct key. The other point to bear in mind, is that even if there was a way to get in, do you think any of the members of the forum, the vast majority of whom are SLK owners would post that type of information on a public (albeit privately funded) forum.

BTW, I've merged your 3 threads into one - there's no point in asking the same question in 3 different places - you'll still get the same answer.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,192 Posts
awc,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Loved Lincoln!! Did a flying display at RAF Waddington in 1998. Good luck with the locks. Forget the zero cost shortcuts...go to MB and get a key. Why did they change the ignition?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts