Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,405 Posts
Hi and welcome (back) to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us and posting an intro! :)

If you have issues with previous usernames and want to resolve them, please feel free to send a PM to @Administrator and/or @Livefreeordie (or PM details to me and I'll ask them to deal with it for you).

We have quite a few members in the UK that like to meet up from time to time. If you're interested in joining us sometime, just keep an eye on the UK Region section, as we post meeting plans there!

There is a summary post that I maintain for our UK meets here. Links to examples and pictures from last year's meets are available here. We're a friendly group, and always happy to welcome new members at any of our meets.

We're also plotting where our UK members are - check out the thread for that here: SLKWorld UK & Ireland Members and Meeting Points Map - Please let me know if you'd like to be added to the map. :tu:

Download your car’s brochure:
Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
  • Post your VIN (or VIN of a car you're looking at) in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on the car).
    FREE!! How to get a free data card!
  • If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
  • If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM (although you can send PMs to admins and moderators straight away).
  • Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone/iPad pics, you can only attach 1 pic per post this way as iOS names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
  • Want to 'like' or 'thank' someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any individual’s post that you like. This saves you having to comment.
  • New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link in the info bar towards the top of the screen is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
  • Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
  • Want to share your real name with us (or check for someone else’s), then post it here: A 'Who's Who' in SLKWorld.com
  • Finally, the Picture of the Day section is guaranteed to have something to make you smile each weekday morning!
Thank you
Dave

·
Banned
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ dgbrn

got your message, I've been trying to pm you, but the system won't allow me to do so, says I haven't got the pm facility until I've got 15 posts, and can only pm staff (including you!!)

Basically I'd like to get my old username (and post count) back (grimree) any chance?

·
11,405 Posts
@ dgbrn

got your message, I've been trying to pm you, but the system won't allow me to do so, says I haven't got the pm facility until I've got 15 posts, and can only pm staff (including you!!)

Basically I'd like to get my old username (and post count) back (grimree) any chance?
PM sent... (btw, my ID is "dbgrn", not "dgbrn" :) )

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,313 Posts
grimree was his previous and he has/had 215 posts

Dave dbgrn has copied you on his pm to support

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,081 Posts
All members can message the moderators.
Post count doesn't impact that.

It's the ability to pm the other members that is restricted until 15 posts.

Mod list

@JBanks15 in USA East Coast.
@Woz53 in USA West Coast.
@dbgrn in UK Midlands.
@Avel Du in UK NorthWest.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,013 Posts
Welcome back from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Banned
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi there

Back again,
have been trying to get my previous username (grimree) re-instated, it would appear either my pm system is u/s, or I'm incompetent (possible!). I received a pm from the Administrator, but couldn't reply to it. I tried to send her a pm, wouldn't work. I even tried to send a pm to dbgrn (note use of correct username) as he'd been incredibly helpful, but couldnt do that either.

It would appear I'm now stymied, and can't contact anyone, I'd appreciate some help?

Glyn:crying:

·
11,405 Posts
Back again,
have been trying to get my previous username (grimree) re-instated, it would appear either my pm system is u/s, or I'm incompetent (possible!). I received a pm from the Administrator, but couldn't reply to it. I tried to send her a pm, wouldn't work. I even tried to send a pm to dbgrn (note use of correct username) as he'd been incredibly helpful, but couldnt do that either.

It would appear I'm now stymied, and can't contact anyone, I'd appreciate some help?

Glyn:crying:
Hi Glyn, I received your PM but didn't see it until this morning (I was out celebrating a family birthday last night). I've also forwarded the requested info to the administrator, so hope they will address this issue for you once they're back online.

Thanks, Dave

·
11,405 Posts
Now closing this thread as the new username has now been merged with your original one, so no need for people to keep welcoming you back again here! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.