Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say "Hi" to the community.
I've been visiting this forum for a few months now and I really love it!
I'm driving a black SLK200 since 2004 and I'm enjoying the car a lot.
As I'm a DIY, I've put in several mods to the car such as:
- an engine performance kit (stock 163 hp was a bit to slow for me )
- the front brakes have been replaced by a Movit 6-Pot system (awsome!!), the stock ones kept on failing and had to be replaced with every maintenance.
- replaced the stock suspension with a KW-Variant 3 system, this really improves the car's driving capabilities a lot!
- added the TV module to the comand DVD system
- installed a camera at the front of the car (I like to record my runnings on the track when I'm driving on the Nurburg Ring)
- got the LSD doors (this I added just for the fun of it, I hardly ever use them)
- and the latest (still work in progress) is a complete car computer system which is installed in the trunk where the spare tire resides.
It's hooked up to the OBD port of the car, so I can record my runs via the camera and add the info of the engine (ECU) to the movie
and monitor the car's variables.
It also works with Wi-Fi so I can upload music and stuff when the car is at home.
When the car is not at home, I use a 3G/HSDPA datacard to connect the car on the internet.

I think that's about it.
If anyone wants more details, no problemo!
greetings
Bram

PS: Is it possible to change my name from machiavelian to Bram ?
No idea why I used that old nick :confused:

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
A Warm Welcome From Kuwait and Welcome to the forum!
I hope you enjoy your stay at SLKWorld and really youve outdone yourself with those impressive modifications you have done to your SLK200 Kompressor.

Mohammed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alroumi!
I'm planning to setup a detailed weblog about it when I'v got some spare time. Tips and Tricks could be helpful to others :burnout:

Bram

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: Welcome. Good to have a experienced high tech DIY guy available. Interesting mods you've made to your SLK. We're glad you're here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Vin,

Next time when I open her up, I'll take some pics and comment on them.
Should not be to long as I'm gonna install a second camera at the back and hook it up to the car pc and on the AUX2 port of the COMAND.
The installation was done with the support of SteveNL (http://www.mbenznl.com)

Bram

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Hey Vin,

Next time when I open her up, I'll take some pics and comment on them.
Should not be to long as I'm gonna install a second camera at the back and hook it up to the car pc and on the AUX2 port of the COMAND.
The installation was done with the support of SteveNL (http://www.mbenznl.com)

Bram
Nice, 007 SLK

·
Founding Member 2002 SLK200K
22 Posts
Welcome machiavelian! Great to have you on board.

I've got a 200K and will be nagging you for some of those DIY instructions in the near future :biglaugh:

Regards,
Keith

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome Mach, Bram, or whatever you prefer. Have a blast here, we do. Fun, Facts, Flavor and many other F words to enjoy here.:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :tu:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Welcome aboard from another "local" neighbor Bram! Enjoy your stay and post often!!

Oh, and btw...POST PICS!!! :tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Another warm welcome Bram or Mach. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.