Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, New member looking for tech info on the R170 SLK 230. Looking at buying one but doing a repower to it.;)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Here I is!!!

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the SLK but I would not be happy with the power, compared to what I own and drive now. I have been playing with LS engines for a while now. When I measured up engines for a repower for my race car I looked at the Audi, Jag and Merc V8's. Knowing the R170 Chassis has had the MB V8 engine in it, I would like to do the same but with the LS Chev engine. BTW the LS is smaller and lighter than the MB V8. The cost of these engines and avaliable parts makes this conversion worth while. What I need to do this conversion is more knowledge of the R170's electronics, with its BUS system. Anyone have a R170's factory schematic????

regards Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Woolly, I found that site and its been a great help. I'm in Mullaloo north of Scarborough. I'd let you guys know that unlike else where in the World a used high mileage 1998-2000 is still getting $20,000 to $30,000. I know I can try to source a AMG engine in the USA or Europe. I am just finishing a Corvette ZO6 drivetrain swap into a Holden ute. To import those parts to Australia from Cleveland Ohio, took many months and not to mention stole parts as well. The insurance has still not paid out after 8 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts