Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 2005 SLK 350 in California. I want to remove the CD changer in the glovebox. Is it hard? Any tricks? Hidden catches, latches, etc? Where do I start?
Thank,
Ray

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a search and found lots about what to do with the fiber optic wire after removing the CD player, but nothing about the mechanics of removing the glove box and player itself. It may well be on the forum, but I didn't find it.
Ray

·
Registered
158 Posts
front plastic should pop out with some force and the actual unit can slide out...unless other slk's get too technical?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,468 Posts
Ray,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Check out the posts by Bleen (Pablo). Some of the earlier CD changers require removal of the lower plastic liner below the glove compartment, inserting hand to release a tab at rear of the CD changer (approaching from below and behind the CD changer).

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,052 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from a seriously top-down day in Houston, where I have a Hertz rental and the top won't come off without a hammer and saw! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts