Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Alex, living in Denmark

I am a previous happy owner of a SLK230 R170449 in the years 2006 - 2012. However after selling that car, the last four years, we have had our BMW118D and some Volkwagen cars - But none of them convertibles.

I used to visit the other large MB forums a lot when owning my last SLK especially in 2006-2007 (I have the same username over there but only made a few postings), but at that time i think this forum was only in starting-phase , and I never got to register here.. before now!

The Bimmer118 got in bad-standing when it trashed its motor at 94.000 km (apparently due to well-known issue with the timing chain tensioners, so beware if driving 2007-2010 BMW 16,18 or 20 motors) and is therefore sold.

I am currently driving a long-term rented BMW I3 (don't harass me, but i really enjoy driving this electric car, and think that going forward our number-2 car will remain being an electric vehicle)

I am however really missing the good times in my SLK and some wind in my hair, and I am currently considering buying a R172.

Looking forward to gain a lot of knowledge on this model from all you great people.

See you in the forums!!

·
AND MABEL
14,203 Posts
Hi Alex, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

Good luck with your search for a 172. :tu:

I'm sure one of our mods will be along shortly to officially welcome you, but in the mean time

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
Hi Alex, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us, and for posting such a great intro! :tu:

Davie's already covered the tips for using the forum so no need for me to list them again, but please ask if you can't find what you need using search (you can PM moderators even before you get to 15 posts).

Thank you
Dave

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
628 Posts
Enjoy the forum! There's nothing wrong in my book if you like other cars too ... I've been interested in the I3 myself. :)

Good luck finding the right car!

G

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
14,065 Posts
Welcome from Lakeland, Florida USA.

Good luck and have fun shopping!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a short update, that I can now consider me "one of you"

I have been in the final part of the research process for my new (used) SLK R172 for some weeks, and these last days I felt it was closing in.

Today i sealed the deal and am now the proud owner of a 6-2011 SLK 250 CGI, with only 36.000 KM (22,000 Miles) on the clock.
.. a really healthy car, primarily used in the summertime, thus the low mileage, and with well documented service history from local authorized MB-dealers.

Only just got home, and its is late in the evening in Denmark/Europe, so forgive me the poor picture (taken with iPhone 5s)

Can't wait driving to work in this beauty tomorrow!!!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts