Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi slkworld!

Newbie MB owner from south Leicestershire having just picked up a 2005 SLK 350, swapped it for a Boxster S and no regrets (so far anyway:).

Loving the 7spd tiptronic box and all the gadgets, but am already noticing how much noisier the roof is compared to the Porsche. There must be some loose parts knocking around inside the roof! lol Job for the weekend methinks.

I am already discovering the benefits of this forum and no doubt will be a regular visitor, and hopefully contributor too, in the future.

Greg

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Welcome again From South Leics The roof should be quiet. You can get rattles from the boot though Usually fixable

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

Use the search function and read up on lubricating the seals and John's broomstick. Rarely a cable gets loose or free from it anchor within the roof cavity and the roof liner may need removal for inspection. Do the simple things first to see if it fixes the noise.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England (via Manchester ). Any rattles coming from the roof or boot can be eliminated by judicious application of your right foot :)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from southern California.

Use the search function and read up on lubricating the seals and John's broomstick. Rarely a cable gets loose or free from it anchor within the roof cavity and the roof liner may need removal for inspection. Do the simple things first to see if it fixes the noise.
Thanks for the tips everyone and welcome messages. It's predominantly a squeaking/rubbing noise coming from above the driver's head, near the sun visor. My first thought was to lubricate all the seals anyway and hope that does the trick! Fingers crossed:tu:

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
2nd Hi from sunny London, i use gummi pflege on the seals, so do a lot of other forum members,

Give that a go, you'll be suprised!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unbelieveable!!! Only had the car 4 days and the wife has already driven it into a "higher than normal" kerb and put two splits in the lower skirt:tazz:

Looks like I need to order some bumper repair kit too!! :(

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Unbelieveable!!! Only had the car 4 days and the wife has already driven it into a "higher than normal" kerb and put two splits in the lower skirt:tazz:

Looks like I need to order some bumper repair kit too!! :(
My wife doesnt want to drive mine I am pleased to say :)

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK 55 AMG
11,306 Posts
Welcome from Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts