Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just thought that I would introduce myself as I have recently bought a Black 2005 SLK 350.
I have been searching for quite a while for a car that ticked all the boxes and was doing as much research on this forum and others as I could so as not to buy a lemon and was delighted when I eventually found it. Its been mine now for 2 weeks and it goes without saying that its a great car and makes me smile by just looking at it.
It is a low mileage one owner car with a long list of extras......some of which I have ended up with and would not have spec'ced, such as the heated steering wheel, but obviously I wont be complaining come winter time.

Im looking forward to learning more about the SLK from this site and hopefully giving some useful information back in return.

Regards all,
Tony

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Funny enough, I have just had a weeks holiday in the Lakes in the new car.......................absolutely fantastic and I was surprised that I got and average MPG of 33 for the trip.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,349 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Black is beautiful!

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Hi,
Funny enough, I have just had a weeks holiday in the Lakes in the new car...........
I'm working - if you can call it that !!

............absolutely fantastic and I was surprised that I got and average MPG of 33 for the trip.
You're not trying - you should be getting well under 18mpg :burnout:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London! (and Woolly, had to go back down to Redhill / Reigate, and only managed 23mpg - I'm just not trying hard enough!)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcome. :Beer:
I will certainly post some pics as soon as I stop driving it long enough. R)

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I envy you running round the Lakes just hope you had good weather to get the top down for a while. I stayed in the Lakes last year but the rental was a 'C' class which did not dare take up Wrynose and Hardnot. Welcome from Canada X-Cumbria.

·
Registered
986 Posts
where abouts in herts are you?

I work there everyday (london borders!).

Heated steering wheel - that is probably the rarest extra.

Nice find!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.