Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I've been digging through the posts on this site for a while and have really appreciated all of the info and help I've received (lost my handle info :butt:).

I bought a Pewter/black '06 SLK 280 two weeks ago and really love it. This is my first fun car, although I grew up driving a number of high performance sports cars (Dad was into cars). I made a huge jump up from driving utilitarian vehicles to something I've really wanted.

The 280 is my first automatic (I live in San Francisco proper) and the engine is just the right compromise for me. I have a lot to learn in all aspects and appreciate any help and info. I'd also love to hear from anyone in the Bay Area for recommendations on best dealers for service, car detailers/engine cleaning, etc...

Thanks a lot,
Pepper

(shot on first night with the car on The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm hoping to get a shot with me in my car - I can't shoot everything myself :)

Pepper

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi and welcome from England.

I get over to the Bay Area semi regularly and Hertz allways seem to give me a Mustang Convertable, which is a lot of fun, but useless in Downtown. Im one of those tourists every one hates, I got my car stuck going down Lombard Steet last year...

I cant only imagine how much fun the SLK will be.
________
CBR600RR

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
OK... I'm not artistic in any way, but I've got to tell you, I really like that pic of your car. The lighting and composition give it almost a portrait like appearance. My compliments to the person behind the lend.

Oh yeah... and welcome to the family. :Beer:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Glad to have you here!
More pictures are a good thing!:rb

Enjoy the car.

SLKman:tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome Pepper. Reminds me of my prior 280: pewter/tobacco brown

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK... I'm not artistic in any way, but I've got to tell you, I really like that pic of your car. The lighting and composition give it almost a portrait like appearance. My compliments to the person behind the lend.
Thank you, I'm the photographer and shoot semi-professionally. I had just been driving around that first night and saw the pier. It was perfect but I didn't have my work cameras with me, just my purse camera. I felt really self conscious so I didn't take the time to really position the car correctly and really compose the shot, but I got a keeper out of the few I took. I plan on doing some more of the car but with a little more setup. Hopefully, I'll also be able get someone to take a few with me and my car.

Valerie

·
Registered
605 Posts
Welcome to the SLKworld forum!

You had mentioned dealer/service feedback. I don't know the dealers like RAB or who could be in SF, but I've had good luck working with Mike Moreno @ MB of Pleasanton. They are located basically at the junction of 580 and 680. I take my SLK55 up there from Sunnyvale. they also have comp c230 loaners available. There is a glass window out into the service area and the place looks spotless. Mike is helpful and seems to do a good job on follow up.

Just my .02

-Doug

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.