Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

owner's and maintenance manuals great R171 info:

later year owner's/maintenance/comand manuals, top right in the link below:
Bill's Den: Documents

your brochure:
Mercedes Brochure Archive

mods you should do:
smarttop

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

clear or tinted side markers
shorty antenna
led license plate bulbs
led parking lights
carbon fiber on the C pillars
oem windscreen or lighted/etched windscreen
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car).

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts! You have a very active SLK group in your area please check out the events section for Oregon and SLK NW!

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
Hi @freeamr, and welcome from the UK Midlands!... Great choice of car by the way, you're going to love it... I do!! :) :tu:

PS. I bet you're not going to get much sleep tonight! ;)

·
Premium Member
17,939 Posts
Welcome from Portland/Clackamas Oregon. Check out the Beaver State SLK Group. They can be found by going to Tools, Quick Links and then Social Groups. We will be having a Fall colors run coming up in October, and will be joining in with the SLK NW Group based out of the Seattle area.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Hi freeamr, a warm welcome from Southern Arizona. Congratulations on your new ride. This is a good time to exercise your smile muscles as this car has a very high smiles to miles ratio. Enjoy the people, the forum, and top down cruisin'.

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
14,065 Posts
Welcome and thanks for joining.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you guys for warm welcoming , I will be picking her up today at 4 :D , she have 16,000 on her , feels so new :)
quick question where would i install smart top in oregon , as i don't feel brave enough to do any thing on the car by my self as of this moment

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
you can print out the diy and maybe ask at an audio install place.
but it is easier after you read the install diy

·
Premium Member
17,939 Posts
Not sure about the Smart Top install. I had mine installed in Vegas at one of the SLK World retreats. I know some of the SLK NW members have helped others with their installs, but they are in the Seattle area.
SLK people are some of the best people, and I am sure we can find someone to help with your install. Just may take a bit of time or some travel. As I said I have never done this, but there are some really good detailed posts on how to do this on the forum and I would be willing to help out as well, but my weekends are booked till October.

Welcome a few new members to get yourself up to 15 posts so that you will be able to send a PM. Then you can send me a PM if I can help you further.

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
Thank you guys for warm welcoming , I will be picking her up today at 4 :D , she have 16,000 on her , feels so new :)

quick question where would i install smart top in oregon , as i don't feel brave enough to do any thing on the car by my self as of this moment

I was really nervous about installing my SmartTop, but I did it in about 90mins just a couple of days ago. I'd printed out the DIY for it from this forum, and I read through that and the SmartTop install instructions several times during the couple of days before I did the install. The biggest challenge I had was getting the cover off the main canbus channel under the carpet (you'll see what I mean if you do it yourself). Print, read, read and re-read if you decide to do it, and it was much easier to do than I'd expected.

It's a mod that's definitely worth doing too... I haven't used it while driving yet (although I know I will)... one touch open/close, remote open/close and being able to turn the ignition on/off while the roof is operating are all great reasons to do it.

Once again, enjoy your car when you collect it too! :)

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Welcome from Nottingham

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome from Toronto, Canada ! I was in Portland once and did a tour of some local wineries. A good excuse for some top-down cruising on a sunny day, but go slow on the wine-tasting !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts