Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I'm selling my 04 Cadillac CTS-V and I have my eye on a roadster to replace it. On the top of the list is a SLK55 so I'm looking forward to hanging out here quite a bit in the future.

Talk to all of you soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks! I always look forward to the new car search. I've had a few BMWs, the last one an E46 M3, but never a Mercedes, so lots of new things for me to research and learn.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California and enjoy doing your research.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:CTS-V is a great car, but you'll enjoy the size and pep of a SLK 55. Good luck finding the right one.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,482 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member #12/Moderator

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan..... Good luck on your search!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Warm welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. One of the criteria I have when buying a car is that is has a good online community and you all seem great.

Once I find the perfect car, I'm looking forward to contributing.

In the mean time, here's a sexy beast I saw at my local MB dealership when I went for my first test drive of an SLK55 this weekend.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Oh yeah, comfy!

Since you're coming from a caddy, I was going to recommend trying out the SL models. New is quite spendy of course, but you should be able to find a 2005 or newer for around $30k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah, comfy!

Since you're coming from a caddy, I was going to recommend trying out the SL models. New is quite spendy of course, but you should be able to find a 2005 or newer for around $30k.
Good suggestion. I've been seriously looking at SL's as well, but after driving an SL500 and the SLK55 over the weekend I'm not as enamored with the SL as I am with the SLK.

It was very nice and had quite a bit more room but the SLK55 made me grin like a little boy riding his first roller coaster.

I liked the M3 that I had before I bought the CTS-V, it was substantially shaper than the Cadillac. I didn't fall in love with either of them though. This is the first car that made me smile like that since the 1993 twin turbo 300zx I had years ago.

Maybe the SL55, thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's one gorgeous looking car Rand007 - far better than the Caddie imho.

Welcome from the heart of England.
That SLR was very sexy, too bad I'm not buying that :)

Well the CTS-V is gone, now, who's gonna sell me their SLK55??? :tu:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts