Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and seasons greeting,
Really please to find this web site there is a incredible wealth of info here for the newB.
I'm from the SW of England and just waiting for the snow to clear to get out, just sheets of ice here apart from the main roads. Had it 2 weeks now and onyl driven it twice.
Unfortunitly I have, it seems the most common of faults, on mine,failed heated seat squabs:mad:. Has anyone managed to replace the elements with the Carbon fiber mesh non OE item? Ceratinly could do with them working this weather.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,453 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have not encounted your problem, so I can be of no help to you. But, welcome to the forum. Someone will have experienced this and can give you some tips. Just keep checking back.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the welcomes, snow has cleared now so have been able to try it out a bit more albeit in the wet, awesome :), in for some new rubber tomorrow and tracking, pulls to the left (kerb side RHD ) a bit at themoment, hope that sorts it.

Julian

·
Registered
333 Posts
Tracking

Good luck on your tracking issue. I hope new rubber resolves the problem. Enjoy your new ride, the more you drive (especially with the top down) the more you want to drive it.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG
1,564 Posts
Welcome from Leeds via Kerala, India.

To answer your original query, IIRC John [UK-C200] and Adam [adamantium] were working on a replacement for the middle heating element which is what breaks most often. Another member [thomson_adam] has put on heating element from A Klasse and seems happy.

Hopefully these people will chip in with more info.:)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
You live in a gorgeous part of the country with some great roads to enjoy the SLK! Often in London if you happen by for a pint.

By tracking I assume you mean alignment. Always a good idea if you're mounting new tires to have the alignment done. Good luck with the heating issue.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome from Leeds via Kerala, India.

To answer your original query, IIRC John [UK-C200] and Adam [adamantium] were working on a replacement for the middle heating element which is what breaks most often. Another member [thomson_adam] has put on heating element from A Klasse and seems happy.

Hopefully these people will chip in with more info.:)
Kerala - Jealeous :butt: thanks will follow up these leads, I know I should fix it NOW, not wait 'til summer's here

Yes tracking, wheel alignment, the fitter said that it was spot on, however the steering wheel is not pointing straight ahead when you driving straight ahead!
He said come back next week when his expert is in and he would be able to sort it. Hope so.,

Really pleased with it, and the wife loves it too - and she dosn't really like cars much?,

Julian

Five posts now :tu:

Happy New year :Beer:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts